fitting a double din in a 87 S-10

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Taco15

I wear stretchy pants
here's my write up folks!
ok finally started doing some work. After the pioneer unit came in figured i need to get cracking at the dash kit. My friends at the shop are just letting me figure it out on my own so this is what i'm coming up with.

IMG_0165.jpg

this is what the trim normally looks like
IMG_0141.jpg

after taking another one of of a Blazer i started cutting. I took the same plastic used to make dash kits and made a back piece and the trim that the din will slide into.

i then filled the sides with glass bondo and started sanding.
smile.gif

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

as you can see i started shaping it to somewhat look factory. i think its better than the squared one i saw online.

this is what i saw online. i think it looks crappy.

mine will molded in flush without that any trim around it.

Nice work, I need to figure this out when I go to do the civic.

what year? unless its the pre 96 you shouldnt have a problem. Most of them have the dash kit for a DD.

Even still it should be a easier install than mine.

what year? unless its the pre 96 you shouldnt have a problem. Most of them have the dash kit for a DD.

Even still it should be a easier install than mine.
^_^ I'm talking about the '78, I need to make a housing for the integra gauge cluster.

the little molding around the outside is being a pain. I'm almost to the pooint of giving up and making it all flat.

I did some more sanding today and it freaking annoying. It doesnt look bad once i spray a couple coats of filler primer, but its not perfect like i want it. judging by the time its been taking me i say i have another 3 days of this before i can start fine sanding it. :(

so far only 2 and mine is one of them. I cant find anymore online.:confused:

i'll get some pics later. I got the epic160 and want it installed right under the double din soooooo, i cute off the remainding plastic on the bottom and now have to trim around the ashtray.....

damnit its being a pain now..

on a positive note. the Onyx suade came in for my headliner. prolly should get that roof dynamated too

BAMMMM!!

so i get a call this saturday and find out......

I'm getting an RSX- type S! story will be in the members lounge but i just wanted to let you guys know i wont be finishing up this s-10.

what are you doing with it? just stopping what your doing??? finish that double din and sell it man

I prolly will just because i already spent time on it. The only day i worked on it for a whoole day actually messed up my back. Leaning to the side in and standing like that for a whole day messed me up. It didnt help that i already had a pinched nerve issue. Its been 3 weeks and i'm still in pain.

If i finish it i will sell it. Hell pay me for shipping and i'll send it to you. surely you could use it for you cd player and make a pocket to install an eq or something. hell i'd rather give it to you :thumbup:

i'd pay for shipping on it in a heartbeat taco i could use it for somethin :thumbsup:... now im going to get off my ass and finish the wood on my console lol

and i know how you feel about your back. i have pain constantly because of 2 out of place discs... it hurts daily...

i'd pay for shipping on it in a heartbeat taco i could use it for somethin :thumbsup:... now im going to get off my ass and finish the wood on my console lol

and i know how you feel about your back. i have pain constantly because of 2 out of place discs... it hurts daily...

i'll save it in case you ever want it:)

Back