fitting a double din in a 87 S-10

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

minor sanding. I've got it primed. It needs a bottom piece if you want to fit a double din. If not an you plan on adding something more than its totally fine.

just the shipping i guess. I dont really care as long as someone else can hopfully finish it.

I got the camera with me so i'll try to snap some pics.

how much other work to fit a double din into the truck? and what do you mean by a bottom piece exactly?

the bottom piece connecting the 2 sided. I removed it because the epicenter was going to get mounted under the pioneer unit
IMG_0166.jpg

I was just goin to hot glue and glass bondo another piece to replace it.

In order to make a double din work in your truck, or on any cd player with alot of rear outlets (rca's,ipod controls, etc) you need to trim the a/c vent. The a/c vent has a squared hump un the back anf it usually right in the way and keep the unit from going in all the way.

I cut it and hot glued it back recessed. Its easier and faster to just put duct tape over the hole. :)

Last edited:
alright i get what you mean taco... i really want it it'll be a few days till i can get funds to you though... could you go ahead and see what shipping to 47331 would be though?

15 bucks, 3 days ups ground. I'm sure it can be shipped for cheaper via fed ex or something.

Once i get some money i'll send it your way. Just pm me your address. Send me a money order via mail back when you get it.

Back