1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FITV..do i need it ??

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by d16a6civichatch, Nov 9, 2008.

1. d16a6civichatch

d16a6civichatch New Member

i was wondering if i need this and if yes what wires from my harness go to it?

2. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

assuming you're referring to a d16a6 then you don't have a fitv. you have an iacv though, and yes you need it.

3. d16a6civichatch

well the guy on fourth gen hatch calls it a FITV i have one on my manifold . ?????.[​IMG]

4. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

well he is a dumb shit then. this is a fitv. if your had been equipped with one it would be located beneath the throttle body

[​IMG]

that is a purge control solenoid valve. its only needed for ultra cold temperatures and its really not that necessary. assuming you don't live like in the arctic.

5. d16a6civichatch

no i dont lol thats kind of annoying though that ive been following that site and he is wrong about that this shit is confuseing without good resourses..hey i have another question i did my swap and my engine light came on for the EAVC i have it pluged in and have no clue why its reading that was there anything priticular i should have done to the stock harness for the eavc?

6. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

not that i am aware of. the CEL for it should only come up if it's somehow majorly fubared or if you unplug it.

7. d16a6civichatch

dam ....alright thanks for the help

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted