FITV..do i need it ??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

d16a6civichatch

i was wondering if i need this and if yes what wires from my harness go to it?

assuming you're referring to a d16a6 then you don't have a fitv. you have an iacv though, and yes you need it.

well the guy on fourth gen hatch calls it a FITV i have one on my manifold . ?????.
mpfi-fitv.jpg

well he is a dumb shit then. this is a fitv. if your had been equipped with one it would be located beneath the throttle body

46983395ux4.png

that is a purge control solenoid valve. its only needed for ultra cold temperatures and its really not that necessary. assuming you don't live like in the arctic.

no i dont lol thats kind of annoying though that ive been following that site and he is wrong about that this shit is confuseing without good resourses..hey i have another question i did my swap and my engine light came on for the EAVC i have it pluged in and have no clue why its reading that was there anything priticular i should have done to the stock harness for the eavc?

not that i am aware of. the CEL for it should only come up if it's somehow majorly fubared or if you unplug it.

Back