Fix it or just swap??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AccludeDreamer

Ok let me start by saying yes I've searched but I got nothing...

I drive a 95 accord lx and the car runs like ass. I already replaced the radiator but It still overheated a while ago and now barely accelerates and idles at 0 AND it slowly leaks oil. Now I'm guessing I need a new thermostat, new water pump, new head gasket the whole nine. The car acts like it wants o shut off when I'm moving slow the engine is the stock engine with 140,000 miles on it non-vtec.

Now my question is should I pay to get it fixed which is gonna be really expensive I know, or just go with the jdm f22b dohc engine?? I plan on turboing the engine too so yea input PLEASE cuz this is killin me.

The concern is with money...I figured if it costs more than 700 to get it fixed then i might as well do the swap but idk how much the swap costs exactly so if anyone knows that'll be great...thanks.

i would just swap it, all you need is a new motor and ecu the rest will bolt right up. or you could just get another sohc motor and it will cost less than 700

well this is just a guess but for the motor a dohc motor that is i would say700-1300 and labor i wouldnt know really i would just do it myself

Back