Fixed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sleepn_accord

Preface: I had absolutely no choice in this swap.

So I'm converting a 99 GSR to an automatic.

ALL THE WIRING IS DONE FINE.. but the fucking tranny mount won't line up.

Does anyone have a suggestion? (Short of "dumbass" or welding on a new bracket..because even a new bracket won't cut it..)

edit* so it turns out it was the dumbass at acura that sent me the wrong mount bracket. Had to cut it off and weld on the new a/t bracket. motor is in and car is done..

so if you're converting to a/t (god knows why). just get the a/t tranny mount bracket and weld it on.

You might be ass out dude. So you have an automatic GSR tranny, and the mount doesn't line up with the manual bracket on the car, I think custom is your only shot, the others are for auto to manual. Find an auto LS, or Civic take a grinder to the frame and pull the whole thing off, take both that and your car to a good shop and have them replace it.

yea - ive heard going backwards is all custom fab on the tranny mount going the other way isnt so hard but manuel to auto is teh suk

well removing the stock bracket isn't as hard as you would think, as it is just spot welded on. I am almost positive that you can buy the frame rail bracket from honda, or go to a junk yard armed with a good drill and drill bit, and find a 92-95 civic or a dc2 integra that is an automatic (if there isn't much left of the car, auto brackets come straight off the chassis, where manuals are angled upwards). Where there is a spot weld, drill it out. It will eventually come off. Once you get yours and the doner car's off, seam weld the auto bracket to the frame rail.

Back