flame me if you must

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jimboburgess

Go fast, Go Cheap
so i was browsing eBay and as happens to the best of us, i found a wastegate that was only $36 dollars that ended in 30mins. I thought man that would be great to win.

I won it.

it happens to be tis wastegate
XS-Power Ltd (01341) 241573
nice, now i know it's xs power, fortunately i thought it would be harder to figure out the psi setting of the spring, but all of them are 11.2 (although the wastegate sold by ssautocrap that looks like the one i bought rate it at 9.8)

so my options are resell this wastegate hope to get more money than i paid.
use it and take the risk that this is a crap wastegate, but they sell enough of their stuff couldn't it be that they people who blow up their engine are ricer idiots that use check valves to bypass proper engine tuning?

comes down to (edit) three questions;
what psi do you think this is?
should i use it?
i think i rememeber someone mentioning the the spring was teh weakness in this wastegate, it is the same style as HKS makes could i buy one of their springs and replace my current one?

Last edited:
these wg will are good for 350+hp

i'm using one of those on my budget build

btw hotrex always built his set ups with those... as far as i know he blew blocks not shit like that

hahahahha just bc hotrex does anything does NOT mean its ok to do. btw he does dsms now

but yeah those oar the worst wastegates on ebay. have personal experience with them. the tial ko are not that bad and there only like 10 more dollars

i remember hotrex $1000 dollar 500hp build on here, and how it blew up, yeah devcon blocks.

i'm leaning towards taking the risk, i know quality is quality, yet that doesn't mean that someone else is making a bad product.

oh dear.......there obviously have been enough ssautoshit warning threads....

yeh, your right, and what most people say on here are going to be irrelevant i'm still going to use it.

but i am wondering about the pressure setting of the turbo.
the website says all are 11.2psi yet the ones sold on ebay are said to be set at 9psi.
which is right?
can i use an HKS spring and be sure?

josh did not end up making even 450 but thats besides the point. the waste gate i think is the most important part of the whole setup. one boost spike will blow up your engine. i would say hold off on the turbo kit and buy a used tial for 200.

so what is the question? did you just post you had one just to see what eveyone thought or did you just want someone to approve of what you bought?

yeh, your right, and what most people say on here are going to be irrelevant i'm still going to use it.

but i am wondering about the pressure setting of the turbo.
the website says all are 11.2psi yet the ones sold on ebay are said to be set at 9psi.
which is right?
can i use an HKS spring and be sure?
Thats the second time he posted the question

and the other question was should i use it. i posted what i thought and as far as im concerned knowing the psi the spings holds is the lest of your problems. for the 50 dollars for the spring buy the better gate. aslo anyone saying that they knew for sure what the spring was set for would be lieing. no one know except the dealer. call them.

hahahahha just bc hotrex does anything does NOT mean its ok to do.

we're just talking about wg, not business. i remember he posted a deconstruction thread on HMT about these gates....

i wonder if he has any manifolds made? i just cant reach him.

Do you have a boost gauge and an air compressor? Hook the compressor up to the Wastegate nipple with a boost gauge T'd in line. Then adjust the air outlet on the compressor until the WG opens, check the gauge, thats the set point.

i wonder if he has any manifolds made? i just cant reach him.

lol its a long process.... i bought one from him, decent quality, but by the time i got it i was on a different car than i bought it for lol :ph34r: (no thanks to theives but that was the case)

as for the WG question sell that shit and at the very least get a used deltagate for the same price... more reliable than what you have but if you want to be totally safe just search ebay/hondamarketplace for a used tial

i go to his shop on a daily basis. its more a partnership now though. let me know what you guys need and i'll get prices.

Back