flanges for catalytic converter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
hey guys i just ordered a carsound catalytic converter off ebay. no i want to get flanges welded on to make the cat a bolt in process. can i use the stock flanges off of my stock cat? or do i have to buy flanges? do you think a muffler shop will have the right flanges? i want to get the 2.5" but i can still get the 2.25" if it will make welding the flanges easier. some one help please. thanks.

Shit..back in the day.(96).when i got my first Honda..Crx Si..i bought a high flow cat..and a local muffler shop created custom flanges for the cat to fit..some shops can do it but it all depends on the quality of the work on whether its worth it..

Originally posted by JrSiRb16A@Sep 22 2003, 05:48 PM
Shit..back in the day.(96).when i got my first Honda..Crx Si..i bought a high flow cat..and a local muffler shop created custom flanges for the cat to fit..some shops can do it but it all depends on the quality of the work on whether its worth it..

how much did it cost to have the shop do it?

man i wish i could answer that..i dont want to bs..i cant remember it was more then 5 years ago..but the price shouldnt be that high..sry i cant help with that..

no prob. thanks anyway. still open to more replies.

Call your local muffler shop and ask them how much it would be. :rolleyes:

Other than that, do you know how to weld? You can buy flanges at autoparts stores.

Originally posted by jeff@Sep 22 2003, 06:36 PM
Call your local muffler shop and ask them how much it would be. :rolleyes:

Other than that, do you know how to weld? You can buy flanges at autoparts stores.

i myself cannot weld, but i have many friends who can. thats why i want to know where to get the flanges from. and which auto parts stores are you talking about jeff? the only concern i have with getting them from auto parts stores is that they wont be big enough to weld to a 2.5" pipe. and the ones that will, might not have the right bolt patterns or whatever. with that being said, would it be easier to just change my order and get the 2.25" cat? thanks for the help.

I had to make a custom flange for my car because i used the stock cat with my satinless header. All i did was make a template from the header and cut it out of a piece of 1/4 inch steel, and drill the holes accordingly. I then welded it to my cat. but it depends on what you have for exhaust to bolt it to as for what you might need for flanges. I just welded my pipe to the backide so i only had to make one flange as well.

The local custom muffler shop had 2.5" flanges in stock when I stopped in to ask about a custom made Mid-pipe for my 89 Civic Hatch. They wanted $180 just to make that pipe without resonator or anything ccause 2.5" pipe is hard to work with.
Bought that same mid-pipe from ssautochrome in stainless with resonator...a beautiful piece by the way... for $98 + shipping on e-bay auction.

They also had Cat for $50 ready to bolt in.

Originally posted by steelbuster@Sep 24 2003, 06:02 PM
The local custom muffler shop had 2.5" flanges in stock when I stopped in to ask about a custom made Mid-pipe for my 89 Civic Hatch. They wanted $180 just to make that pipe without resonator or anything ccause 2.5" pipe is hard to work with.
Bought that same mid-pipe from ssautochrome in stainless with resonator...a beautiful piece by the way... for $98 + shipping on e-bay auction.

They also had Cat for $50 ready to bolt in.

well their cat also isnt a true cat. its just a straight pipe that kinda looks like one. carsound is a true catalytic converter. high flow too. the only thing is that they are all universal so flanges need to be welded on to bolt it up.

Back