Flat Black (done)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

webink_EK9

Got her flatted out this weekend. This is just temp to get that old yellow paint off. I'll get a custom job done soon... We had a honda swap contest a while back, but I haven't setup a voting poll yet to see who won. Anyway here she is.

flat black

Nope, tried my hand at real painting. I screwed up in a few places, but it didn't turn out too bad. I had a friend mix the paint and he taped it off. I sanded and painted. I'm pleased for now. Like I said, in a few weeks, it'll look different again.

I added two pics...edited the link above.

um...no. only if you used a gloss clearcoat. there are flat, semigloss, gloss, and satin clearcoats.

example: skunk2 civic si - satin black with satin clearcoat. bad-fucking-ass.

Keep it flat black man it looks great imo. I wouldnt worry about the HS paintjob. Not that HS isn important but your car looks hott.

sorry, but was that done with a gun or rattle can ? That looks really good !!! I have some dents to repair and wouldn't mind that color. What is the difference between that and satin black ?

Wow. That looks really well done! Maybe I should do that for my truck.

Its from a gun. I like the way it turned out too. There's a layer of flat clear over flat base there, but I'm going to ad a few more. Thanks for the thumbs up on work.

I don't know what flat satin would look like. Probably good though. This is real smooth to the touch.

So... should I put the H and the Civic DX thinggies on the back or should I leave them off? I've got two little holes in the back where the H came out. I kinda want to put that back on at least. I don't want to fill and repaint the back end. I think it would be kinda funny to DX it again.

no man leave it and fillem befor you paint again and good job man first gun job?

Originally posted by webink_EK9@Sep 15 2004, 01:13 AM
So... should I put the H and the Civic DX thinggies on the back or should I leave them off? I've got two little holes in the back where the H came out. I kinda want to put that back on at least. I don't want to fill and repaint the back end. I think it would be kinda funny to DX it again.
[post=390477]Quoted post[/post]​

Just put the H back on the trunk and leave everything else off. That would go well with your flat black finish. :thumbsup:

How many cars have you painted before? If it's cheap/easy enough, I might go buy a spray gun and paint my truck myself.

Back