Flat foot shifting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yodaesu

My best friend has a 08 civic si and its supposedly drive by wire, when he races he flat foot shifts or no lift shifts whatever you call it. he told me to try it so we went down to the straightaway in my town and i tried to flat foot in my 89 Crx Si it was horrible, i can shift okay normally but i think my 8lb flywheel is making me redline to quickly.

what do you guys think is better, flat footing or just regular slammin gears in my rex.

i think he is talking about rev matching on the upshift...
if you do it just right it works, but i found it hard to do with a very light flywheel... i dont think the transmission likes it too much either :D

some ppl can pull it off,others cant,you have to find the sweet spot,
just stick to slamming gears

You have to be careful with flatfooting it, if you do it wrong, you run the risk of blowing the welds on your exhaust manifold.

hahaha yeah, that will cause the passenger floor to fall out. And it's the intake on which your welds will be blown.

*DANGER TO MANIFOLD*

You just have to smash the enter button over and over and tell the laptop to shut up, and it won't blow.

only for seconds later, the cops show up, and your blown engine car, runs perfect and is able to out run cops in back ally ways, to pick up vin diesel

then you and Vin can drive off to a quiet scenic road, while listening to soft music, exchanging soft touches and gentle caresses

Then you don't need a meal ticket.
*Edit* I get the feeling I'm not the only person here who could probably recite the whole script to fast and the furious...

but now, your invited to race wars. but your not going to even race there, your just going to stand around and hit on vins sister. oh yes.

Back