Flat foot shifting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

weekend? its more than that. lol

yea ive noticed it is on quite a bit, and of course you have to love them, who doesn't want their own shop with 3 built hondas up in the air.

id take three broke down hondas right now.. but hondas dont really break down much... ;):D

haha yeah, you know all those dusty skylines we have taking up space on derelict used car lots across the continent.

then u get a ragedy supra and turn it in to a 10 sec beast.
then you see that car in real life and talk to the owner and realize it has 400 lbs of extra entertainment and unusable shit and it only makes a little over 400 whp and it runs a high 13 and you lose all faith you still had left after seeing the terrible film known as fast and the furious. (but you still see the next three for some reason in hopes that it will change, but then they swap an rb26 into a junked mustang and paint it over night and you puke again)

i already posted the best method for shifting in another thread

so ill quote it here

hit the rev limiter count to 10 then shift

yes this works for all the gears

for launch just hold the clutch and gas pedal to the floor when it hits the rev limiter count to 10 and dump the clutch, this will get you your best possible launch (this is the trick the magazines use to get their test results)
if you find you are getting a lot of wheel spin when launching like this, you need to warm up the tires more... for a FWD car the best way to do this is to put it in reverse, cut the wheel all the way to the right or left, stomp on the throttle using the same rev limiter 10 count that you want to use for the launch, then dump the clutch and count 10 full revolutions of the car, when finished turn the wheel the other way and repeat the process... after this your tires will be properly warmed up and you should get a sweet launch
if you are still spinning a lot on the launch you may need a wider and softer tire

Ok, so I went out to benchmark my car after reading that tech article above. I guess I must be using the wrong tires because they don't seem to be getting hot enough to grab. So I decided that I'd just have to work with what I have until I get my new Z-rated so I went out to try some high performance driving. 1st gear, textbook launch using the method described (tires still not reaching traction temp) revved all the way to redline and let her hold there (is that how you "boost"?) Then I slammed into 2nd gear, the grinding indicates that you found the next gear you should add that to your tech article. So then I was ripping in 2nd gear finally tires started to grab some pavement I realized if you skil 3rd gear go to 4th gear youll get to top speed faster right?! so WOT, 10 sec count at the rev limit then slam into 4th. I think I ran out of boost after that because all this smoke started coming out from my hood I think I was probably running rich because i have the dsm injectors so when I turbo ill be ready. btw whats a good turbo for a d15 i was going to order a kit off ebay

Back