Flexible Intakes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

[spoon]

Ive seem some variations of flexible intakes. Normally the intake its a peice of pipe but these have some funky tubing thats flexible (duh) but im just wondering if they work or are worth it. I think it would be good cuz i have a header on my car and its bloody hot (after running it for 10 seconds after not being on all nite its toasty to the touch). with a flexible intake id be able to get the "in" as far away from the heat as possible

flexible tubing tends to have ridges, similar to washer machine tubing, it disturbs the airflow - not good.

the flexable tubing is not smooth enough it disrubts the proper flow of air you would end up killing the horse gain you are trying to get from putting the "in" away from the header if the header is that hot you should maybe thing of rapping your intake in some of that heat resistant padding "header rap" maybe your header should be rapped in it too if the colder intake temp means that much to you i would say just fabricate some type of heat shield for th intake ussually if you just isolate the intake from the rest of the engine compartment you can easily get like 11 degrees cooler but that if it means that much to u to go through the work ;)

Back