Floating pistons? [split thread]

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wardatron

i have h beam rods and when i go to put the wrist pin threw to join the piston to the rod its a lil tight but easy goes in (by hand) but if i carry on it'll come out the other end do i need sum floating pistons ? also how does the pin stay in the piston and rod if its fully floating ?

P.S arachnid im not thread jacking i just have the smae problam

pwned :p

But hey, just went out and looked at my b16 block this morning to make sure I didn't say anything false. The oil squirters on the b16 seem to be the only oil getting up into the cylinder walls, so I retract the whole pumping idea. It seems that the only way oil gets up into the cylinder walls is by those squirters and by the crank windage.

Remember that even LS motors have oil squirters too, they just live in a different place. :D

can we get back to the problams please ?

What problem? Ohhhh, your problem that was posted half way through this thread? You need pistons designed to retain the wrist pin if you would like to use those rods. There will be grooves machined into the wrist pin bore in the piston which accept spiralocks or C clips.

Now, back to the mysterious oil squirters.....:ph34r:

should any machine shop be able to put a groove in or who sells pistons that are fully floating and links is poddible

and then back to messing with your squirters lmao

should any machine shop be able to put a groove in or who sells pistons that are fully floating and links is poddible

You might be able to get away with machining in a groove, but you will spend a lot on machining all of the pistons. You are better off getting some aftermarket forged pistons.

*squirt*

You pretty much need to use forged pistons with H-beams. They are all full floating wrist pins as far as I know. I am not sure about cast pistons. Look into CP, JE, Wiseco, and Arias pistons. CP pistons were my choice.

Back