Florida Snow

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94H_Ex

Under employed
So its 6:45 in the morning and for some reason I'm still awake but the weather channel has been saying all night that its going to snow in florida. So I figured hey this would be something to stick around for and see for myself. Well, guess what... the weather conditions are just perfect enough that I'm able to visibly see snow flurries right now in the street lamps. with it being 36 degrees and rain coming right now. yeah. I think I'm going to stay up some more and then go play in it.

you do know that there is not one spot in america that has not seen snow at some point in its history right?
nothing to do with global warming, its always been like that, for as long as the earth has been as we know it now.

just more proof of my theory that 2012 marks not the end of the world but the end of the last warming period.

At the time the last ice age began, or any of them for that matter, the CO2 concentration in the atmosphere has been roughly 300 PPM. Currently, with the advent of the industrial revolution, the concentration is 375 PPM. Which means we're do for a CO2 level correction, soon. How does the earth do that? An Ice Age. Funny how this has been one of the coldest winters on record and the hurricane season seemed to be the exact opposite of what global warming experts predicted....

Where you all are mistaken is that global warming in fact causes an ice age, not a temp. gain.

Where you all are mistaken is that global warming in fact causes an ice age, not a temp. gain.

Problem for me is historically there have been many changes, yet now that we have smarter people around, anything that changes within a very tiny 100 year window and forward, people will scream global warming, doesn't matter if its happened in the past, what matters is its happening today and in the future!!!!!

Is smog an issue yes, are we causing problems over time, yes, are those problems going to be the reason our weather changes as it always has.... well I guess yes, people who know what they're talking about seem to believe it.

I remember my grandfather talking about getting snow up to the top of his fence in upstate NY, I also remember how some winters even had some nice warm weather days even 60+ years ago.

Not saying it's not an issue, but I do believe they're taking signs of very small changes and making them much much bigger.

i agree.

As we leave the age of Pieces and enter the age of Aquarius, we are experiencing different gravitational pulls from universal alignment. It's only logical that things will change. Tides will shift from the gravity which in turn changes the streams in the oceans which have a big effect on global climate.

I don't think we're out of the ordinary.

my dad used to jump off his 2nd story house porch into the snow when he was a kid.
now, you'd break your leg.

Things shift.

I agree we need to control some co2, but i'm not so worried about anything other than the glaciers melting and releasing methane. that's bad news.
plus, the fresh water influx to to salt water will have big issues on convection.

but look back just a few minuets in earth time....
look at the mederterain sea. There's hidden cities and ports simply due to the change in sea level. 1000 years ago, sea levels were WAY lower than what they are now.

Does that mean we are using less water than previous people? obviously not. things change. it's natural.

It doesn't really matter anyway. Old faithful is due to blow... and when she does, it's all over.

yeah, i have given up trying to explain that to people.

but, like said, this is how the earth goes.
it freezes,
it thaws.
it freezes
it thaws.

only now, we have figured out how to commercialize this natural change and make it an issue.

i wish it was up to 36 here. this teens and single digit shit sucks.

I was in Steamboat Springs, CO the other night, and it was -31. That shit was not very comfortable.

Were you up there sking/snowboarding? Make it to any of the hot springs there?

Back