Flowmaster for a 92 civic hatchback? P/N 17337

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phyregod

!!YTINASNI
Hey! I'm currently looking for a new muffler for the civic. I know Rs*r is the one to get, but I'm not paying those prices.

SO, I'm looking for a cheaper, quiet exhaust. I thought of flowmaster and started researching. They really do R&D their products, and I almost believe the sales pitch about the "Force II" and "Delta-flow" technology.

It seems their priorities are power, then Low interior sound, then low exterior sound.

Those just happen to be my priorities!! Anyone with experience, or actually heard one on a civic??

i had a magnaflow muffler with 2 1/4 piping on my old crx and it sounded awesome..i always got complements on how good the exhaust sounded... i have a dynomax on my hatch w/ a b16 and its pretty quiet.... never had any experience with flowmaster

Well, this one is designed and built specifically for the 92-95 civic hatch. I had a "pro-flow" muffler on my crx and a high flow cat, and a 24" resonator.. and it was still too loud for my taste. And it was quieter than every other import in town. I want it quiet. If I could get straight through performance with OEM sound, I would be on it like a n'awlins looter on heiniken.

These 17337's cost about $290.. Ebay has em for $210..

I'd probably pay $150 just to try it out.. I'm going shoppin'!

flow masters sound like shit on hondas. like popcorn machine. we called a friend of ours "Orville" as in Oriville Redinbacher popcorn...

cuz his car sounded that bad.

magnaflow > flow master.

Quoted post[/post]]
Hey! I'm currently looking for a new muffler for the civic. I know Rs*r is the one to get, but I'm not paying those prices.

SO, I'm looking for a cheaper, quiet exhaust. I thought of flowmaster and started researching. They really do R&D their products, and I almost believe the sales pitch about the "Force II" and "Delta-flow" technology.

It seems their priorities are power, then Low interior sound, then low exterior sound.

Those just happen to be my priorities!! Anyone with experience, or actually heard one on a civic??

I've got magnaflow and the sound and power are great, and it's quiet when I'm just cruising, but the fit was terrible. It's still not hanging quite right even after modifying the heat shields under the car as well as parts of the exhaust. It's not really a good fit, even though I have the correct part no. for my 93 hatch. Their hangers are not in the right spots to get it to hang straight up and down. I'm disappointed in Magnaflow. I expected better.

Quoted post[/post]]
magnaflow > flowmaster
:werd: Magnaflow is much better, especially on imports.

Quoted post[/post]]
I've got magnaflow and the sound and power are great, and it's quiet when I'm just cruising, but the fit was terrible. It's still not hanging quite right even after modifying the heat shields under the car as well as parts of the exhaust. It's not really a good fit, even though I have the correct part no. for my 93 hatch. Their hangers are not in the right spots to get it to hang straight up and down. I'm disappointed in Magnaflow. I expected better.
I've got a Magnaflow catback on my b16 hatch and it fit fine after I modified my headers. I have absolutely no complaints with this exhaust, and I was planning on getting the RSR ExMag before I picked up the Magnaflow, not only did I save a ton of money but I got a really mean sounding exhaust as well thats not too loud unless your at WOT. Throttle response is very nice now as well. I think that if any of us actually installed this exhaust on the stock D series motor the fitment would probably be perfect the first try. Any fitment problems are probably due to the B series motor or the headers you have on it. But mine fits perfect after some minor mods, there was no problems with the hangers on my system, overall I am very pleased with this exhaust.

All in all, Magnaflow catbacks get :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
For the price they cant be beat.

Are they quiet? Seriously.. Any drone at highway speeds? I really really need one that has no drone at highway speeds.. Or is silent all together, that would be perfect.

Quoted post[/post]]
Are they quiet? Seriously.. Any drone at highway speeds? I really really need one that has no drone at highway speeds.. Or is silent all together, that would be perfect.
Not silent by any means, but it is a nice low deep tone. On my 92 b16 hatch with I/H/E there is no drone when Im cruising on the freeway just a nice mellow rumble that actually makes my commute more enjoyable, sounds killer when I hit vtec too. Ive had several Highway Patrol officers behind me when Im doing 80ish mph and they dont even look at me because of the exhaust noise or anything, and Im in So Cal too where they be hatin on exhaust. I originally wanted a quiet exhaust like the RSR but after installing the Magnaflow Im very glad I got the one I did. Hope that helps ya decide.

Dynomax Super Turbo

You'll like it. Cheap too- plus good quality. You can run one without a giant resonator and it will still sound nice and deep.

I have a full exhaust on a 91 hatch. Header and offroad cat. I have ran a Flowmaster 3 chamber and a 2 chamber. The 3 chamber is quiet but deep the 2 chamber is a little louder. Both sound great but I prefer the 2 chamber. And it doesn't sound like shit. It doesn't crackle. I have gotten many compliments on it. I had an exhaust shop just create a custom cat back for me.

magnaflow > flowmaster

unless you have the cash then go R*SR.

good luck bro.

Back