1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flowmaster

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by breakdancingbob, Jan 25, 2005.

1. breakdancingbob

breakdancingbob Member

I want to put a flowmaster muffler on my b16a/crx. the 60 series is made for imports, but i heard the 50 and 40 series are better for it. i also want to know if anyone has a 40 series on their 4 cylinder. and what it sounds like. i know they can be a lot louder than the 50 and 60 series.

2. jdmracer

jdmracer Member

if ur gonna do all that muscle car shit u might as well straight pipe that bitch and make her really purr.

3. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

you just want your car loud? i have a straight-through exhaust(2.5" custom pipes with ebay muffler) and it gets VERY annoying. i shift at ~2300rpms just trying not to grab the attention of cops and muscle cars.

4. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

if your gonna put ANYTHING on your car for a flowmaster i would suggest the 60 serioes, and this i would nt even do. flowmasters are very loud and tingy sounding.

5. breakdancingbob

breakdancingbob Member

the 60 series are made for 4 cylinders, and the 60 series aren't to loud. it sounds better than most of the cheap tin can mufflers people use.

6. Cykotic

Cykotic Member

I have a straight 2 1/4 pipe on my hatch and its not very loud at all after the cat, I put a resignator and it actually sounds real nice.

7. 92dxhatch

92dxhatch Senior Member

it all depends on the sound your looking for, flowmasters, can get kinda loud, if you want a quieter muff, try a apexi n1, my2c

8. cycloneb18c3

cycloneb18c3 Senior Member

I heard an integra with a 40 series flowmaster off of a mustang. loud as hell, sounded "different" than all of the civics with fart cans....

9. icustomxxxi

icustomxxxi Junior Member

i have the "american thunder" 60 series on my civic, and i love it. I sounds great. I think you can actually listen to a audio clip of it on the flowmaster web site, i know i listened to that before i bought it.

10. bunson2001

bunson2001 Member

I put a 50 delta series on my b18c1 civic coupe and I think it sounds great. I don't think it's to loud and it has a nice deep sound to it. It doesn't sound like a lawn mower like a lot of other fart cannons out there do.

11. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

flowmasters sound like shit. you will sound like a popcorn machine.

12. MaaseyRacer

MaaseyRacer Senior Member

When i first got my miata, it had a spec miata exaust on it, that was made from a used flow master 40 series. Needless to say it was loud as phuck!

13. Crix

Crix Senior Member

fuck flowmaster, go with a es oval. Those sound good.

14. 92dxhatch

92dxhatch Senior Member

i checked out the flowmaster site, normally reluctant to use flowmaster, i found the sound clips, suprisingly the 60 series and the american thunder sounds really nice, not too loud and an agressive sound, i still would prefer an apexi n1, but not bad for the price

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted