fluctating idle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok i have a 94 civic DX and my idle goes from 950 to 1500 over and over, it is quite annoying, i have done the tb coolant bypass mod, but reversed it to see if fluid was going through the bottom of the tb and it is! any ideas, could this be the TPS ? i am not throwing any codes! i have i/e/h and intake manifold.

make sure you bleed your coolant system
that can cause this

but it is most likely your TPS
that will fuck oyur idle
i head one off a cbr 600 is the same?
search this site to make sure of the bike, but its suspossed ot be the same and only 35 bucks, instead of having to get a whole new throttle body for like 400 from the dealer

low coolant
bad thermo switch
or bad IAC valve will cause idle surging and hit a junkyard if your on a budget before sticking on motorcycle parts. The TPS is the last place to go because if you remove it and don't have a Fluke and the know how to reset it your problem will be even worse.

:withstupid: or have a shop check your car for vacuum leaks if nothing else works- my prelude had a leaky intake manny that caused this problem, but it could be any number of vacuum leaks

Back