Flying Car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B, how did your car get a body kit and get parked next to the lexus?!

Kay first things first, awsome sc400, the wing does kinda fit in too

As for needing to make a path for the air to exit, not really. A front spoiler is put in place to keep air from flowing under the car and causing drag on the underbody. Thats why F1 cars are super low and have really smooth underbodies. Also, the air being passed through the front end of you buddies SC, it will exit the same place it does on any other car, out the bottom. Because the still air in the atmosphere is being compressed in front of the car as it drives, it is accelerated around the car on all sides including the bottom. According to Brenulis principal, as the air is accelerated, its static pressure is decreased below atmospheric, causing a slight vacume. This will do two things, it will "suck" air out of the engine compartment and pull the car down a very little bit. If the spoiler on the front were lowered, less air would get under the car and because of the diverging shape of the underbody in reference to the ground would cause an even greater vacume and even less dense air to cause drag on the underbody. That is the same reson that they have a computer controlled splitter spoiler on the front of the Viper Venum.

like I said, i'm no expert at this but i took a shot at it. It looks like someone opened up the encyclopedia and dug up some big words. j/k. ;)

Originally posted by rsaeini@Apr 9 2003, 05:54 PM
like I said, i'm no expert at this but i took a shot at it. It looks like someone opened up the encyclopedia and dug up some big words. j/k. ;)

:withstupid: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's the right concept though, and it's "Bernoulli" for future reference. :)

Originally posted by biglee414@Apr 9 2003, 10:47 PM
ok i thought that the law was anything that stuck 3 feet off your car needs a red flag on it.

in the civic's case in the top picture....

The law states that:

"ANY CAR WITH A WING OVER 1 FOOT HIGH, NEED TO BE PROPERLY MARKED
WITH A RAINBOW COLORED FLAG. THE WORDS, "CELEBRATE DIVERSITY"
MUST ALSO BE IN PLAIN VIEW ON SAID FLAG."

not to bogart this guy's thread BUT
Rsaeini.....(sorry if i keep on fucking up ur name....i got bad short term memory haha)

if ur ever in the hawthorne/lawndale area, keep ur eyes posted for this hispanic dude driving a 94? civic hb.
he has a wing on top of his hatch, in the very back, that is honestly 3 feet high. it is the funniest thing.
i got my digital camera in my car and im hopin i can spot him sometime to take a pic.....

you guys will be rolling when you see it. it looks so fucking ...out of place its not even funny.

Back