1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flywheel Bolts

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by lude68, Oct 11, 2003.

1. lude68

lude68 Senior Member

sup people. ok heres the deal. my uncle owns a carlot and he bought a 97 prelude last week at a auction that wasnt running so well. he got the car for a damn good price so he jerked the motor (H22 of course) right out and put a new one in. well yesterday i went and picked it up for 300 bucks and started turning wrenches on it. heres the problem...ive gotten the head taken off and disassembled for my machine shop but i cant get my damn flywheel off. im not goin to just start fuckin with it b/c i still have to take the wiring harness off and shit like that before i take it in but i would like to know the best way to get the bolts off. any help is much appreciated.

thanx

2. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

I ran into this problem also, you need an impact gun/air gun/whatever you want to call it, or you can do what I did. Since I wasn't reusing my lightened GSR flywheel I put a crow bar in between the teeth of it and used a breaker bar to loosen the start like bolts, leverage is your friend and good luck.

3. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

There is a tool that is made for that :p

4. NoJokE

NoJokE Senior Member

I've been looking for that tool, well not reallylooking, just i want it. Do you know the name of it?

5. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

No idea, I just go in the shop and grab the "flywheel holder thingy"

6. MXDesa

MXDesa Senior Member

That tool you need is called a Ring Gear Holder. You can get it an pretty much any auto parts store.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted