Flywheel Bolts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lude68

sup people. ok heres the deal. my uncle owns a carlot and he bought a 97 prelude last week at a auction that wasnt running so well. he got the car for a damn good price so he jerked the motor (H22 of course) right out and put a new one in. well yesterday i went and picked it up for 300 bucks and started turning wrenches on it. heres the problem...ive gotten the head taken off and disassembled for my machine shop but i cant get my damn flywheel off. im not goin to just start fuckin with it b/c i still have to take the wiring harness off and shit like that before i take it in but i would like to know the best way to get the bolts off. any help is much appreciated.

thanx

I ran into this problem also, you need an impact gun/air gun/whatever you want to call it, or you can do what I did. Since I wasn't reusing my lightened GSR flywheel I put a crow bar in between the teeth of it and used a breaker bar to loosen the start like bolts, leverage is your friend and good luck.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Oct 11 2003, 09:10 PM
I ran into this problem also, you need an impact gun/air gun/whatever you want to call it, or you can do what I did. Since I wasn't reusing my lightened GSR flywheel I put a crow bar in between the teeth of it and used a breaker bar to loosen the start like bolts, leverage is your friend and good luck.

There is a tool that is made for that :p

I've been looking for that tool, well not reallylooking, just i want it. Do you know the name of it?

Originally posted by NoJokE@Oct 11 2003, 03:43 PM
I've been looking for that tool, well not reallylooking, just i want it. Do you know the name of it?

That tool you need is called a Ring Gear Holder. You can get it an pretty much any auto parts store.

Back