Flywheel Lightening

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90vtec

Okay i was wondering how do you get your stock flywheel lightened? Anybody had this done. Where to they take of the material? I have a friend that is a percision machinest and has resurfaced mine before so I was think of slipping him some cash to do it with me on a weekend. I might grab on from the junk yard just to be safe!!! But how is it done or anybody have some links?

I've never had one on a lathe but they basically mill the back off. You tell them how much you want it to weigh and they start shaving.

I was going to do this but I realized my stock VX flywheel was about 7 lbs lighter than the stock Z6. I just swapped the flywheels.

Well you should have a machine shop do the lightening, also have them balanced. B series flywheel shouldn't be lightened more than 11lbs.

Milan

If you have ever seen one fly apart you would think twice about having them lightened. The flywheel on our Chevelle broke up on the track and it made a huge mess. I would recommend just saving up and getting a lightweight flywheel.

Originally posted by machine@Jun 28 2003, 12:54 PM
If you have ever seen one fly apart you would think twice about having them lightened. The flywheel on our Chevelle broke up on the track and it made a huge mess. I would recommend just saving up and getting a lightweight flywheel.

:werd: there's something to be said for better metal

Posted on Jun 28 2003, 01:06 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE (machine @ Jun 28 2003, 12:54 PM)

there's something to be said for better metal

:werd:

Back