Flywheel Resurfacing?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

when i do manual swap,

if all these parts seem to be in good condition, is it "ok" to get used flywheel (resurface it though), used pressure plate, and used clutch disc, drive around and get used to it first, AND

then get whole new clutch kit w/ new flywheel? or will it be waste of time and money?

sounds dumb but the thing is i haven't driven stick shift almost 7 months plus it was a different car...

thanks for reading :D

Once you drive manual transmission, you usually don't forget how to. As far as you using a re-surfaced flywheel on a used clutch setup, depending on how worn the pressure plate/disc is, I would really like to tell you no, but it can be done if not badly worn. Always replace the throw-out bearing (release bearing), even if the clutch is used.

another question. once the clutch disc and the pressure plate had been taken off from flywheel, do you have to resurface it? i know there would be no flywheel in perfect condition after it has been used. but if the flywheel looks pretty good,the disc looks also good, and the pressure plate as well, do i still have to resurface the flywheel?

thanks

another question. once the clutch disc and the pressure plate had been taken off from flywheel, do you have to resurface it? i know there would be no flywheel in perfect condition after it has been used. but if the flywheel looks pretty good,the disc looks also good, and the pressure plate as well, do i still have to resurface the flywheel?

thanks

No, but it costs about 20 bucks to re-surface a flywheel. Might as well just do it for peace of mind. You wouldnt wanna have a lot of vibration from the flywheel and have to drop the transmission and replace bearings and resurface the flywheel than, so just do it.

BTW what are the torque specs of flywheel bolts, pressure plate bolts? also any other torque specs i need to know when im doing manual swap?

thanks

BTW what are the torque specs of flywheel bolts, pressure plate bolts? also any other torque specs i need to know when im doing manual swap?

thanks

You should refer to your service manual (for the engine that is being used) for the torque specifications.

Back