Flywheel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EVO1

HEY GUYS
just looking for sum advise im driving a ballade vtec (b16a) stock if i should lighten my flywheel will it affect my top end?????or would u advise to lighten??

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!
i use the car for normal and weekend street race!!!!
(from cape town south africa):confused:

i lightened a 2nd gen turbo eclipse flywheel by 1/4-1/3 and i hated it for cruising. good for rev matching. could chirp the tires at the top of 1st gear after. you're probably thinking about 50% lighter.

you should lighten your flywheel, it makes a big diffrence in how fast you can rev & gives slightly better throttle response

for drag racing it wont make a lot of difference, but for road racing or even just spirited driving a lighter flywheel is a great upgrade.

if you go too light... like the 7lb race ones, drivability goes downhill, so i would stick with one like the ACT 11 lbs flywheel

do u guy think i should leave it standard??????:confused:

i only race on fridays and saturdays (street race)

Nah, get the 11lb one. I believe mine is about 11lb, and I love it. I wouldn't want to go back to stock. I do agree that you don't want to go too light, unless it's only used for racing. GL!

Back