1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fmu on low boost

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Bobby17772, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Bobby17772

Bobby17772 New Member

I already know a lot of you will say not to do this but I set out on a venture to turn my car into "project ebay" so thats what I'm doing. The only thing that I'm not getting on ebay is the engine. I plan on getting a JDM D15b and a Walbro 255 inline fuel pump. I only plan on running 6-7 psi and I was wondering would using the 255 be fine? like I've heard a lot of people just using their stock pump but I wanted to be safe (safe on an ebay build kind of an oxymoron). I'm going to use a 10:1 fmu instead of a 12:1 on either stock injectors or 275cc just to be safe.

So I guess my real question is, would I have any problems running a stock fuel pump with an inline 255 pump running 6-7 psi with a 10:1 FMU on either stock or 275cc injectors?

thanks guys

2. FLounder

FLounder power hungry VIP

the setup you listed should work, but fmus really suck compared to an actual tune. just get a chipped and socketed ecu and get it tuned on chrome, its not that damn expensive and it will be worth it.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted