1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FMU .vs. Apexi SAFC

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by drasticdezignz, Jan 7, 2004.

1. drasticdezignz

drasticdezignz Member

Hey,

I am turboing my D series honda engine, and I am stuck on what fuel management system I should use...

What do you guys think? What are the advantages/disadvantages of both, and what features will I get from using an SAFC..

Also, what do I need to run an SAFC.. I know with the FMU I need, a Missing Link [got it], an upgraded pump, the FMU [Vortech], and bigger injectors.... and a good Air/Fuel Gauge... but with the SAFC, what exactly do I need????

any help/advice would be great, because I am about to plop down the cash, I just want to be sure I am getting the best for my $...

thanks,

2. jake2001z001

jake2001z001 Senior Member

with a s-afc you will stil need bigger injectors, and its a good idea to get a bigger fuel pump too
    but u can tune ur stuff alot more then a afc hack then a fmu,

3. mwvnos

mwvnos Senior Member

you dont use a fmu with bigger injectors.....you dont use a safc with a fmu....

its easy to hook up a fmu and theres nothing to it....

safc will take time to learn how to tune it...

m suggestion is, for a small amout of boost(up to 8-10psi) get the fmu but if you are going to run up to about 12-14 then get the safc....but they are no good past that amount of boost, once you get to a certain point, you have to get hondata or soething similar

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

this has nothign to do with a swap. try the FI forum

thank you.

5. vtectuned

vtectuned Junior Member

i prefer the afc. it's good up to 10 psi, but fuel is controlled at every rpm including idle. i heard the fmu causes erratic idling.

6. mwvnos

mwvnos Senior Member

fmu increases fuel in relation to boost pressure....no boost at idle so no change at idle..

7. liquid00meth

liquid00meth Senior Member

Vafc all day over a rising rate FMU. If your running 8lbs, it probably doesn't matter. But as soon as you hit 10 or over, i'd go VAFC.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted