fmu with td04 turbo at 6psi on b16a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

commador

so...I have most of the turbo parts, and just curious, what will say, a vortec fmu do with a td04 turbo at psi on a b16? Of course I have a big FMIC, and I have talked to others than run an IC with the stock greddy kit for single cams, and they are pleased with them. Of course, I will keep the boost at 6, becuase that + the b16 will be enough for me. I dont need balls off the walls power. So, will it do the job? I will most likely use uber later on, but until I can get all that going, how long should the fmu last at 6?

PS, anyone have any good tunes for a b16? ;)

ok, thats all I wanted to know. Ill probably need a walbro 225HP pump because of the higher pressures right? Oh, and trust me, I wont go higher than 6psi. I really dont need to. I just want some more power. And hondata seems like overkill for 6. <_<

you'll want at least a booster pump to keep up with the pressure.
and that small of a turbo with that boost setting on an fmu is fine.

ok, Ive decided against the FMU. Ill go with dsm 450 injectors and the afc hack. But only this time, with 6psi of boost, do you think I will need an msd btm or should it be safe?

Even this route I dont plan on more than 6, I just dont want to cheap out and blow an expensive motor.

so I "should" be safe at 6 on the hack? I know lots of people use it, I just need reassurance after spending 2500 on a new motor.. :unsure:

sure... but for 300 bucks... you can get uberdata and a burner and your ecu chipped...

or a vafc.

and you still need injectors...

i don't even know why its a consideration

AFC hack is probably less safe than an FMU, and definitley less safe than uberdata. The AFC hack advances your timing quite a bit due to the nature of how it works. With the High(er) compression of the b16, this can make it real easy to start detonating. With an FMU, from what I understand, is people tend to run rich. Rich = safe.

If your worried about the motor, you may want to consider that. And on the other hand, you can go uberdata and have the motor running better than both the other options

im not against fmu's, but they put a big load on the injectors and whole fuel system. what about a 225LPH HP pump, with..310cc injectors and a lower fmu scale. but the question is, what scale to use? 10:1, 8:1 ect. I wont put a burner out of the question. I like uber, but I cant find any good maps at all for a turbo b16, and no one can tune them. (near me)

afc and an fmu both follow the same oem honda ecu you are running's ignition maps, and will both advance in the same manner at wide open thottle.

problem with running 310s is that at idle and in vacuum, you will run really rich... really rich.

I guess the only way around it is a standalone. Hell, Ill end up using uberdata. I was going to if I got a z6, but I could never find a basemap for a b16. After reading about it more I already made a basemap. All that is left after I put on the kit is to datalog it with my laptop and fine tune it. Now that I think about it an FMU isnt great and the timing issue with the hack is no good either. Guess it just took all this time to realize that. :hide:

I had a d16 with a greddy turbo and was happy with it and then I got a stock ls motor put a turbo on it running the hack at 10psi and ran a 13.5 at 106 with shit tires. so no matter what you run turbo is the shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back