1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

follow the leader

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by pissedoffsol, Jun 25, 2004.

1. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

2. La_Pieuvre

La_Pieuvre Senior Member

Sweet!! I like hotmail because of the free POP3 support, now I like it even more

3. allbottledup

allbottledup Senior Member

Im glad hotmail is good and i dont want to have to change mail servers again. its just another reason to stay with them!

4. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Ummmm, didn't Hotmail do away with their POP3 support? That's why I got rid of them and use Yahoo now....not to mention I get about 50x the junk mail in Hotmail as I do in Yahoo.

5. La_Pieuvre

La_Pieuvre Senior Member

Nope, still there. I use outlook express to check my hotmail accounts. Yahoo did away with the free POP3 support though.
    I don't get any junk mail because my username on hotmail isn't a word that exists in any dictionary. :p and nobody would guess it anyway.

6. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

hotmails junk mail filter works pretty well though.

7. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

outlook express has a seperate deal for checking mail through a hotmail account.

with just plain outlook, you do hotmail through HTTP, not POP3.

8. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

I've been with Hotmail since it was HTMail.com. I'm in the low hundreds in my Member number status.

When Microshaft began limiting it's use, imposing penalties and cancellation for it's inactivity, and then screwing with user names, I wrote them and complained. In a rare twist, Microsoft actually heard my complaints and put me in the MS Employee list. Now my account can not be suspended, and I have a 5 meg limit to sends, and 10 megs to mailbox size.

When MS took over the service, my spam quintupled. I was barking at them for over a year to stop submitting me for this, and to stop sneaking my name onto email-4-sale lists. They ignored me on this one. So I stopped using it until it jammed up, locked up for 4 months and everyone that had me on a list, took me off because I was inactive. Then I went and cleaned it out, and now I get perhaps 1 spam every so often days.

MY suggestion, with a bit of risk, is to let your mailbox vapor lock for a few weeks. You'll be taken off so many lists, that when you go back it'll be fine. Also, go to your preferences frequently and make sure you're off their lists. Remember that "Spam protection" ONLY stops the people that THEY SOLD YOUR GODDAM NAME TO from sending you mail. That means that 100% of the mail blocked by MSN, is MSN's fault in the first fucking place.

-> Steve

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted