follow up to code 15 repair

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civiclxb16

well if you don't know the whole story behind this here is the old thread
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...opic=51990&st=0

so here is the follow up on that story. I got the new dizzy new spark plugs new cables, still nothing now what i want to know is how can one test to see if the fuel pressure regulator is bad? could it be the problem? what else can i look for i really rather get the car started before i take it to the shop. i have NO CEL nothing at all i had code 15, 21, 1, and 41 they are all fixed now. the ecu is giving me no codes at all so now i am lost still good compression got a gooooooooood spark i mean it shocked the shit out of my when my boy turned the key (props to Dizzyking) so i am so lost if you can help me out please do, shit if you live in the PA area i will throw you some money if you can get it started!! :D

damn so sorry to here that..wish i could help but im havin the same prob. plus more and i cant even try to fix it cuzz i dont live in cali nomore...which OBD dizzy did u get??

ok i think it is the fuel pressure regulator let me tell you why. when i first put the battery in and turn the key i hear the engine getting primed. when i turn the key it starts for a brief second and then it never wants to turn over again. could it be that the internals on the fpr are bad and no longer holding pressure or enough pressure for the injectors to spray out properly?

have you looked into the fuel pump. also check the wiring going to the fuel pump for any loose or bad connections. also try and see what the resistance is between the ecu and the distributor.

the fpr is a cheap and easy replacement man try that before replacing the other fuel components, especially if you aren't getting code 16 and you hear your fuel pump prime, if its not that maybe a bad check valve in the fuel pump?

yeah, try not to just keep throwing parts at the car. that could get expensive. start out with checking the simple stuff first.

Originally posted by IT-R Coupe@Feb 27 2005, 11:03 PM
yeah, try not to just keep throwing parts at the car. that could get expensive. start out with checking the simple stuff first.
[post=466947]Quoted post[/post]​

lol too late for that i bought a new dizzy new altenator new plugs and cable. basically everything but the cams and the crank on my b16 is new

well atleast when its gets runnin its gonna be mint.

id be tossin a FPR on it.

did you ever check your injector pulse like i told ya with a test light, or with a noid light???

you should make sure injectors are firing.

Originally posted by brian11to1@Feb 28 2005, 01:47 PM
MAIN RELAY, check that.
[post=467181]Quoted post[/post]​

the only reason why i am ruling out the main relay is because if the main relay was bad i wouldn't get spark at all right? and along with not getting spark the fuel will not shoot out right? that is why i am ruling out the main relay. unless i am completely wrong please let me know

ok here is the deal, i put two different fpr on and still nothing, again it start the very first time i turn the key but doesn't stay on. and once it starts the first time it never gets close again to turning over any other ideas?

relay.......he beat me to it....i remove mine every night...it will crank but no start.....also check the 70 block fuse in the fuse box under the hood.....

Originally posted by formby@Feb 28 2005, 03:53 PM
relay.......he beat me to it....i remove mine every night...it will crank but no start.....also check the 70 block fuse in the fuse box under the hood.....
[post=467243]Quoted post[/post]​

man so you think it has to be a relay. ok i guess i will do that next. why do you remove yours everything? so no one would steal it? and what fuse exactly is "the 70 block fuse" just as a heads up remember my civic is obd2a!

Back