FONTANA DRAG SCHEDULE ANNOUNCED!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bl6CRX

Edit: Updated Dates

Winter 04:
February 28

Spring 04:
March 20
April 10
May 29

Summer 04:
July 17
July 31
August 21
September 18

Fall 04:
November 13

2004 Winter Schedule Announced!

If Santa brings you a hot rod for Christmas then get ready to race, our 2004 Winter Street Legal Drag Racing season is here.

The extremely popular nighttime drag racing is set for 6 nights so far, with more to come. The dates so far:

january 10
january 24
february 7
february 28
march 20
april 10

GUYS WE GOTTA MEET UP SOMETIME!!! How about moving the meet to the 24 at fontana 1/4 instead of the irwindale 1/8????

i'm down for that. i like california speedway better than irwindale anyway. not only that but fontana is much closer to me than irwindale.

count me in.

anyone know if they look down on running open header/downpipe?

I remember I was there once and they wouldn't let a prelude run because he didn't have a muffler. I want to run open downpipe when I go so the turbo will spool faster. i read the rules of the track and they say:

"Exhaust: Must be routed through street legal muffler(s). All runs will be monitored on a decibel meter (100db at 100' from the strip). If it is too loud you will not be allowed to run. NO EXCEPTIONS! It is your responsibility."

doesn't say you can't run open header or downpipe and I'm sure it won't be too loud.

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Dec 28 2003, 01:41 AM
anyone know if they look down on running open header/downpipe?

I remember I was there once and they wouldn't let a prelude run because he didn't have a muffler. I want to run open downpipe when I go so the turbo will spool faster. i read the rules of the track and they say:

"Exhaust: Must be routed through street legal muffler(s). All runs will be monitored on a decibel meter (100db at 100' from the strip). If it is too loud you will not be allowed to run. NO EXCEPTIONS! It is your responsibility."

doesn't say you can't run open header or downpipe and I'm sure it won't be too loud.

yeah. . .it might be an issue, i know they wouldn't let Elite run the race car cause of that, but that shit is a monster and loud as hell, also, once when i was picking up my time slip they stopped me and asked if i had a muffler on the car (which i did) and asked me to rev a little. . . but then again i see cars out there running open header, and some of those domestics are running louder than any import could possibly sound. . .so its up to you, if you live far i would play it safe, or if some one has a truck bring it with and bolt it up or unbolt it as you see fit...

yeah that's what I was thinking too, those domestics are loud as hell and I know the last time I went to the dragway my friend ran his car and he is open downpipe. but remembering that prelude getting pulled off the staging lane makes me wonder. I guess I could roll out there with it hooked up and find out then just unbolt it in the parking lot since theres a bunch of time to kill.

yeah that sounds like a good way to go, i know a guy, (my friends know him better) that is preety high up so to say (he drives the rocket truck or whatever. . . im not really into that side of the track and he watches over the street legals) so maybe we could help you out a bit, but you sound like you have the right idea, i just want to get my car running right in time for it, im hoping i can convert my car to grey plug and get my hondata this week and have her tunned but its probably not gonna happen...

:spin: racing in january/February, oh man it makes my head spin :spin: I need to move someplace like that, Oregon+Snow=no racing. Maybe we should open up the local track, and start racing Snowmobiles, now that's some fun!!! Good luck to all you cali peeps, who go to Fontana!!!

Originally posted by Bl6CRX@Dec 29 2003, 05:13 AM
yeah that sounds like a good way to go, i know a guy, (my friends know him better) that is preety high up so to say (he drives the rocket truck or whatever. . . im not really into that side of the track and he watches over the street legals) so maybe we could help you out a bit, but you sound like you have the right idea, i just want to get my car running right in time for it, im hoping i can convert my car to grey plug and get my hondata this week and have her tunned but its probably not gonna happen...

that'd be cool, I'll just be happy to get to race at Fontana. I've been waiting since last July to be able to go again, and especially since its winter and the night races I'm all excited. but if you're not tuned by the 10th then theres always the 24th. I doubt I'll be properaly tuned by the 10th but I'll have my turbo kit on by then and I should be running on C12.

Gabe, you planning on going?

sup yall, the open pipe will be a problem i have been there a few times and they dont let you run cut outs or open header. but its a great track, king taco lane was the best when i was there. and its 1/4 mile i like that much better. i say we switch this meet over to the fontana track on the 24

just pointing out that one rule that will be inforced us pants , you must wear long pants if you intend on racing no shorts at all.

good one, i didnt even think about the wife beaters.

Originally posted by rsaeini@Dec 26 2003, 04:01 PM
i'm down for the 24th.

Oh shit... Ray's gonig?! I was already planning on heading out on the 24th cuz my friend in his F-body SS want's to race me <_< .... Wonder if Jason, Shadney, Tony or Robert would be down too?

i want to run all i need is a tune up. But i run open header. i will look for something so i can run. oh yeah and i need to wash my car i have not washed it at all this winter :blink: i forgot the real color of my car. :D

Originally posted by UDT@Jan 10 2004, 04:29 AM
jasons in but no hatch :(

i'll be there a lil late... my homegirl is getting married on the 24th and im one of the principal sponsors so dont be surprised when i roll up in the evo all suited up hahaha

Back