Football Pick'EM 2009-2010

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

As a HUGE Colts fan, all I can say is THANK YOU BELICHEK!!! You are a fucking douche and you won the game for Indy. 9-0 baby. woot!

As a HUGE Colts fan, all I can say is THANK YOU BELICHEK!!! You are a fucking douche and you won the game for Indy. 9-0 baby. woot!

I saw that and i was like, 'that is not a belichek style play'. Payton's good but he's less likely to go 70 yards on you, but 30 yards the colts offense can do in its sleep....on pretty much any defense.

I have faith in Manning to go 70+ yards. His best time down field to a TD from 70+ is a minute five, and he had 2 minutes at the turnover. He still had one time out to work with as well. Manning is one of the kings of the 2 minute drills.

well he'd already thrown two picks. manning with a long field. I'd let my defense work it out.

I really think the moral of the story is that Bill Belichek doesn't think he's gonna be playing the Colts down the road, so home field in the playoffs isn't gonna make a difference. Aside from the 1 year, the Colts normally blow it in the first playoff game. The Pats are still gonna win their division, get a bye the first week, and go from there. They outplayed Indy for 58 minutes once, and Bill probably figures they can do it again if need be.

I still would have punted though.

And I can't figure the Cowgirls out. Green Bay is not good.

yea.. i was confused as hell about the GB/ Dal game ... shut em out.. lol..

They finally scored late to make it 17-7.

I love how Roy Williams opens his mouth about being the #1 guy, then basically just drops the ball while he's running across the field. That one play might have changed the whole game for Dallas.

I watched this guy play for the Lions for 4 years, making his stupid fucking first down signals when they were losing 66-7 every week. I'm sure all the Dallas fans were excited to get him last year, seeing as how he's a Texas native and all. How are y'all feeling about him now? At least T.O. was making plays when he was bitching about not getting the ball enough.

oh, i stopped watching after late 3rd quarter

They finally scored late to make it 17-7.

I love how Roy Williams opens his mouth about being the #1 guy, then basically just drops the ball while he's running across the field. That one play might have changed the whole game for Dallas.

I watched this guy play for the Lions for 4 years, making his stupid fucking first down signals when they were losing 66-7 every week. I'm sure all the Dallas fans were excited to get him last year, seeing as how he's a Texas native and all. How are y'all feeling about him now? At least T.O. was making plays when he was bitching about not getting the ball enough.

werd. he also had one pass hit him in the face. i dont usually do this to the cowboys but: "What the fuck is roy doing starting?". Move Patrick back to starting and have roy play slot if you're so worried about him not playing. This is stupid keeping a guy on the field just cause you already paid him. I'm getting tired of the dropped passes and the utter lack of production.

Yeah, he broke his ribs in denver. It's football. Hits happen. If you start hearing feet everytime someone throws your way you need a new job. Take the money and get the fuck out of here if you're going to play like that.

I'm not saying i could have made that catch, but I also dont get paid 7 million a year. You better believe if i was getting paid that kinda cash i'd put my ribs on the line. I mean, i've got the cash to fix it and still live happy forever if things dont turn out well.

halfway through maybe the worst monday night game I've ever personally watched. This is horrible.

i think i pooted. cowboys just BARELY squeaked that one out. but. woot for first place in nfc east.

i think i pooted. cowboys just BARELY squeaked that one out. but. woot for first place in nfc east.

That division is a whole lot of mess IMO. They very well may win the division, but I don't think they'd beat Minnesota or New Orleans in the playoffs.

Stranger things have happened though.

The cowboys have the potential to beat any team in the NFL, and I really do mean that. Look at the weapons they have. They have even more weapons than Indy does, but cannot execute to get the results. Miles Austin still has a lot of growing to do, and I'm directly comparing him to Reggie Wayne, but as far as the Cowboys go, he IS their reggie wayne. I'll definitely compare Witten to Dallas Clark. They are extremely similar players. And then outside of Tennessee show me a better stable of running backs. Sure Adrian Peterson is a good RB, but look at the numbers for all 3 Dallas RBs and then compare them to Adrian Peterson.

On paper, and on any given Sunday Dallas really does have the potential to beat anybody, they just haven't shown it. You saw it vs. Seattle, Atlanta, and Tampa Bay. Only one of the opponents was even worth mentioning though. But if Dallas plays the way it did in those three games they can really beat anybody, even NO and Minnesota.

P.S. I'm a big NO fan, but I can't leave my boys.

are you really citing seattle, atlanta, and tampa bay as competition. they are a combined 7-21. if you look at seattle vs st. louis and jacksonville, they should be in the super bowl.

my problem is that dallas is "americas team". they had there run in the 90's, but other than that, they are pretty overrated. they had 11 pro bowlers 2 years ago and had a helluva time in the playoffs. just like the yankees, if you are on tv every week, you are going to have a strong fan base.

minnesota has a great running attack. chester taylor is one of the best backups in the league. new orleans has a 3 headed monster that i would take before dallas. carolina and miami (before ronnie brown got hurt) also have far more yards.

dallas is good, but outside of demarcus ware (which is debatable), they don't have the best player in the league at any position.

Im not siting them as competition, im siting the body of work. Once Jason Garrett got it through his head that the cowboys could pass on Washington during the last drive look what happened. ZOMG touchdown. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying dallas should have used its normal play book against cause they probably would have gotten eaten, but relying solely on the run in an offense built around tony romo wasn't gonna work either.

The defense, no matter the rankings, is one of the best defenses in the league.

BTW, here are my numbers to back up my 'Dallas has one of the best running games' comment:

CCS NFL Football Rushing Rankings, NFL Football Rushing Ratings, NFL Rushing Stats

Check the yards/attempt column.

Also, I'm a local fan. I live and was raised in Dallas and I hardly miss any cowboys/mavericks/stars games. Fuck the rangers and fuck baseball.

Look at the weapons they have. They have even more weapons than Indy does. Miles Austin still has a lot of growing to do, and I'm directly comparing him to Reggie Wayne, but as far as the Cowboys go, he IS their reggie wayne. I'll definitely compare Witten to Dallas Clark. They are extremely similar players. And then outside of Tennessee show me a better stable of running backs. Sure Adrian Peterson is a good RB, but look at the numbers for all 3 Dallas RBs and then compare them to Adrian Peterson.

Dallas Clark > Jason Witten/Martellus Bennet

Reggie Wayne > Miles Austin and it's not even close. Austin had 2 GREAT games and has been average the last 4 weeks. Wayne has been doing it 8+ years. Now that teams are game-planning for Austin we'll see how good he really is. 14 catches in his last 4 games combined.

Indy's combined RB totals vs. Dallas' 3 guys are actually higher if you include receiving yards and TD's. Dallas runs the ball more though so they get the advantage there I suppose. Tennessee has Chris Johnson and nobody else. Lendale White is a bum. Carolina has 2 guys that can run it and catch it, and they both get in the end zone as well.

And you didn't mention Manning vs. Romo. That's the most important one of all. Manning makes guys like Garcon, Collie, some guy named Tom Santi into weapons. Romo does no such thing.

I'm not trying to say Dallas is awful, I'm just saying you can't compare their weapons to Indy's weapons.

And I've given you everything except the fact that Dallas Clark > Jason Witten (marty B is overhyped).

Jason Witten is easily in the top 3 tight ends in the league (4 if you count tony gonzales). I dont care where you live most people will take Jeremy Shocky, Jason Witten and Dallas Clark in some order of 1,2,3.

And I've given you everything except the fact that Dallas Clark > Jason Witten (marty B is overhyped).

Jason Witten is easily in the top 3 tight ends in the league (4 if you count tony gonzales). I dont care where you live most people will take Jeremy Shocky, Jason Witten and Dallas Clark in some order of 1,2,3.

This year it would be Vernon Davis, Clark, Gonzalez, Celek, etc.

Witten has been great until this year. He's got 1 TD. Don't really understand why, other than he's not getting thrown to I guess.

Shockey started off hot this year but now a lot of his balls are going to David Thomas.

I really thought you were trying to say Austin is = to Wayne. My bad.

Back