For all you audio experts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AccordH22PWr

I ran into a problem. One of my buddies has a 93 civic EX and he wants to put a aftermarket head unit into it. He said the car had been stripped of the radio bu the wires were still there. Boy was he right, the wires were there but they had been cut from the wiring harness. Heres my question, do any of you guys know which wires are for what component of the head unit. (they are all different colors from the head unit's wires) PLEASE HELP

you will need to call crutchfield, go to a pro installer or buy a manual for the car

Go to a Local Car Audio shop in your town and have them print off a Wiring Diagram for the Car.. They should have something there if they are a real Car Audio shop.

DO what everyone else said, its easy to do yourself, it isn't a mess, just 11 wires that will have to be crimped.

Here ya go:

RF+ brn/blk
RF- red/grn
RR+ brn/wht
RR- red/yel

LF+ gry/blk
LF- blu/grn
LR+ gry/wht
LR- blu/yel

12v ignition yel/red (red wire on new radio harness)
12v constant white/yel (yellow wire on new radio harness)
Ground: blk (duh)
Dimmer: orange

i had my car have its original harness ripped out from way deep - and the wires were smered with electric tape(factory wrapped and smeltered) took me all of a 1/2 hour to wire it up - was simple enough when ur done use your head unit make sure ur speakers all work hunky dorey- bye using ur balancer and fader -=p turn off the car and if for some reason it stays on u got ur power /12v backwards lol

Originally posted by CarAudiophile@Dec 29 2004, 11:08 AM
Go to a Local Car Audio shop in your town and have them print off a Wiring Diagram for the Car.. They should have something there if they are a real Car Audio shop.
[post=438679]Quoted post[/post]​

I was going to suggest asking CarAudiophile but he already was here.
He would be the best person to ask.

You could also get a manual for your car, that way you will have a reference for other things in the future also. :)

What a pain in the ass. I just run run it right off the battery, ground it out, and use crossovers and rerun the speaker wires. The only wires I use are the antenna, constant and the 12v switched.

look at the bottom of the section i posted all the colour codes for every car made

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Dec 30 2004, 01:39 AM
What a pain in the ass. I just run run it right off the battery, ground it out, and use crossovers and rerun the speaker wires. The only wires I use are the antenna, constant and the 12v switched.
[post=439038]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah- that's all I use now too.

Back