For All you Engine Builders!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MXDesa

Well today, a buddy of mine came over and we installed some lowering springs, yada yada. Anywayz, he then took the car for a test drive, came back and it was sputtering (sp?) Anywayz, i checked his plugs. The plugs from cylinder 1, 2, and 3 were fine, but cylinder 4's plug was DRIPPING with oil?? What do you guys think blew out?? The piston's Oil ring? or the head gasket?? Thanks you guys

which side of the plug was it? the side in the combustion or the side that the wire connects to? might check piston rings for the side thats in the combustion chamber. but if its on the top where the wire hooks to it check the little o-ringg on the valve cover that act as a gasket for the plug holes.

check the spark plug tube "o" rings . . . thats the most likely and easiest fix. did you notice if the oil was on the spark plug that is inside the head or outside the head?

well oil was on the spark end which is exposed to the piston. But it was also on the connection where the plug wire mates with the plug. So i guess i have both problems huh???

its probably just the little o-ring that seals up the valve cover where the spark plug is. oil probably dripped onto the bottom while taking it off. try replacing the o ring and see if that solves the problem.

Back