For anyone who works with dreamweaver

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

totalburnout

VIP
Okay, I know how to put hot spots on images and such, but I was wondering if you're using an image as your background if there's anyway to make one of the tiled images in the background have a hot spot?

Cliff Notes -

How do you make hot spots, or link a piece of the background to another page using dreamweaver?

Thanks for any help.

you should be able to create a transparent image (25x25 or whatever the size you need it to be) and put it in a table and then throw a hotspot on it...I do not believe you can use a hotspot in dreamweaver on a bg image

Originally posted by sisteve@Jan 20 2004, 02:54 PM
you should be able to create a transparent image (25x25 or whatever the size you need it to be) and put it in a table and then throw a hotspot on it...I do not believe you can use a hotspot in dreamweaver on a bg image

I didn't think I could either, I was just wondering if there were any miracle men out there that knew of a way. ...I was thinking about going the table route, I might have to.

i think its your only way...especially when dealing with image maps

Originally posted by sisteve@Jan 20 2004, 03:13 PM
i think its your only way...especially when dealing with image maps

eeek and I can't get the table to set where i want it to, because basically I wanted to crop out a piece of an image matching the background and then lay it on top of it, but i hate how it doesnt just allow to to click and drag it to the spot u want it.

you'll have to create a larger table and then make different colums and more than likely define them to specific widths (i.e. 540px w column 1, 160px w column 2) etc...

try and put up the html file so we can view it.

Originally posted by sisteve@Jan 20 2004, 03:24 PM
you'll have to create a larger table and then make different colums and more than likely define them to specific widths (i.e. 540px w column 1, 160px w column 2) etc...

try and put up the html file so we can view it.

I'm just working off a local file right now and don't have a server to upload to...

thats what I was going to work on later today, finding a free host that will support dreamweaver and stuff.

Obviously I'm pretty new to this stuff, just been learning it at school and can do some stuff but nothing real amazing.

edit - so if anyone can set me up with a free host, it doesnt have to have much space, just something for now that would be appreciated. I don't really want to go the angelfire or homestead route tho.

Back