For B - Guy wins M3 auction, dealer refuses

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B has probably already seen that.

You gotta remember that B = internet, internet = B.

i haven't seen this yet. To be honest, i frequent the bmw boards pretty rarely.

i know your whole claim was no one would sell for msrp...
this is obviously under msrp...

and completely fucked up. he should own that car for 60k.

but to be honest, i wouldn't even want it at this point. who the hell knows what they are going ot do to it before he picks it up. it's a total pain in the ass for 6k

No one (me at least) claimed that Nebraskans were the smartest in all the land...

Then again, I didn't even know there was a BMW dealership in Lincoln. That's as far as the other side of the planet as far as I'm concerned.

I just re-read my post and realized I just proved my lack of intelligence, didn't I?

Last edited:
all that commotion and he still didnt get shit yet

Fuck stealerships!

i haven't seen this yet. To be honest, i frequent the bmw boards pretty rarely.

i know your whole claim was no one would sell for msrp...
this is obviously under msrp...

and completely fucked up. he should own that car for 60k.

but to be honest, i wouldn't even want it at this point. who the hell knows what they are going ot do to it before he picks it up. it's a total pain in the ass for 6k

Well, they didn't want to sell for MSRP. They expected that it would go for another $6k and they would be enticing bidders by having no reserve.

I wonder if he'll actually get the car for $60k. The thread had 45,000 views as of yesterday. Its on digg.com and autoblog.com as well as linked from everywhere.

Someone that knows the dealership posted that they were an extremely scummy dealership with slimy salesmen promoted from their pontiac dealership.

If he gets the story on the air, he might actually get the car, either from this dealership or another one looking for good publicity.

i bet this gets on leno or something. this isn't a dealership problem, it's a problem with one fucking salesman.

if the guy sticks with it, he'll get the car for $60k, or wholesale. one of the two. odds are he just gives up though.

I can't believe no one told that guy to contact the state attny generals office. Bait and switch is as illegal online as it is in real life.

i bet this gets on leno or something. this isn't a dealership problem, it's a problem with one fucking salesman.

if the guy sticks with it, he'll get the car for $60k, or wholesale. one of the two. odds are he just gives up though.

Well, I'll provide some cliff notes;

It is a dealership problem because he has contacted multiple people and the GM won't return his calls.

If it was a rogue salesman I could see the issue being diferent, but its the entire dealership.

well, enough people know about it now i'm sure they wont buy from that seller. ebay might also block them from selling.

i doubt anything happens in the long run though.

well, enough people know about it now i'm sure they wont buy from that seller. ebay might also block them from selling.

i doubt anything happens in the long run though.

Thats a very real possibility with ebay.

If you search the feedback, they did this to someone with a Z06 the other month.

eh, even if they do have their ebay account suspended, they'll just open a new one under someone else's name. Someone else can have an account and sell for that dealership.

looks like the dealer is gonna work with him
i think it got to 31 pages or something. i wasn't going to read anything other than the op. what did they figure out?

dooma350
Enlisted Member
enlisted.gif

Drives: Lexus IS350

Sorry its taken so long to post a update. The site is very slow (understandably). This morning, BMW of Lincoln has agreed to sell me the car at a price of 60K, with certain conditions. I'll be going over the conditions with the dealership tommorow, and I hope to have everything finalized by tommorow afternoon.

But one thing that I would like to make everyone aware of is, BMW of Lincoln is proactively working to correct the situation that they screwed up. And yes, they screwed up big time, no doubt about that.They are trying to do right, so please don't harass the dealership right now. No phone calls, threats, emails or fake sales calls.

That said, I would just like to take a step back for a moment.
The past few days have been insane. Just thinking about what has transpired, leaves you speechless really. How did this thing go from a M3post.com rant to what it became today? In 3 days, the site amassed
650+ comments and 200,000 page views, with people posting from all around the world, lending their support and help. Thats people I dont even know! Amazing stuff, and probably the coolest thing I have ever
been part of, leveraging the internet in a way that I have never seen before. People I have never met, making calls on my behalf, contacting automotive sites, supplying information, just doing anything and everything possible to help out.

Lets do it again sometime, I hope to be there for someone when they are in need.

Thanks guys, there are good people in this world after all.
I'll post again tommorow.

Regards

Ken

clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
34 pages

Back