For sale: 1988 Chrysler Conquest//Mitsubishi Starion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

90 accord

Chicks dig the box
VIP
Sadly, after only 3 weeks of owning it, i have to let it go. It being as fast as it is, not to mention RWD and turbo, scared my parents into giving me an ultimatum: sell the starion and they'll buy me a scion of my choice; which i promptly accepted.

The car is in excellent shape, as you can see in the pictures! Only place with imperfections is the lower airdam. It has 67k miles on the original engine. It runs and drives like it was brand new! I have only put 500 miles on it since i bought it(150 from drving from tucson to phoenix.) Asking $4500 obo. I will ship it at buyers expense.

Car is Located in Phoenix, arizona.

mods as are follows:

14G turbo
TEP non jet valve head
3" KDM full exhaust
Magnaflow muffler
3 wire O2 sensor
Full 2 1/4" KDM hard pipe kit
KDM AHP kit 1G MAS and K&N filter
KDM OVCP
Turbo XS RFL blow off valve
Taylor 8mm Race Wires
NGK Iridium plugs; one step colder than stock
MSD Blaster2 coil
Rebuilt TB w/ new zinc hardware, new inj clips, inj cleaned/flowed/tested
Strut tower brace
New radiator w/ KDM silicone rad hoses, all coolant hoses replaced
Air Fuel and Boost gauges
Blitz Electronic Dual Stage SBC
Greddy turbo timer
Stedabani short throw shifter
Tokico blue struts
Coil overs set at 1" down
Sony head unit
Sony 10 disc cd changer
Sony front Amp (unknown power)
Sony rear Amp (unknown powe)
Equalizer
2 8" MTX Blue Thunder subwoofers

Known Problems: All of the under the hood emissions devices were taken off by the previous owner. It failed emissions in arizona 2 times. something happened with the BOV, it's not as loud as it normally is. i thinkit's just a loose connection, or a line that came un done, should be an easy fix. the drivers side seat belt sticks in the "door closed" position, and does not retract when the door is opened. The front seat's aren't in perfect condition, and seat covers are included. The rear seats are clean!

gallery_29_485_79311.jpg

gallery_29_485_42979.jpg

gallery_29_485_108878.jpg

gallery_29_485_79763.jpg

gallery_29_485_108190.jpg

gallery_29_485_27424.jpg

gallery_29_485_1869.jpg

^ you should just make an exhaust for the thing that has 3 extra cat's in it . . . bolt it on, and then pass the test.

What about like turning down the fuel pressure to where it would barely start?

i brought it to a shop and they did all they could but install those parts.. they wanted $1000 to install the other parts.. i just wanted a new car that i wont ahve to work on, as i'm not allowed to work on ym car at my apt complex..

If I had 5k, I'd fly out to get it.

Damn, sucky deal though dude.

At least Scions don't burst into flames. :ph34r:

Quoted post[/post]]
If I had 5k, I'd fly out to get it.

Damn, sucky deal though dude.

At least Scions don't burst into flames. :ph34r:

lol, true. i wish i could keep it, but with driving back and forth between tucson and phx 2-3 tomes a month(130 miles 1 way) being in college, taking 26 creditis this semester, and i cant work on cars in my apt complex make things rough.

You're letting it go already?! Sad day ... sweet car too!

If you don't mind me asking, which Scion are you lookin into?

It better not be that lunchbox on wheels. :p

SOme of the customized tC's are pretty sick. :thumbsup:

i got the box :p . i'm getting it lowered from the factory, and i'm looking for some rims now.. i'm liking the konig troubles! i was looking at a tc as well, but i didnt fit in there confortabley, and the xb gets better gas milage.

still up for sale with a reduced price!

I wish i could register that in Cali, i'd buy it for sure. I gotta buy a car in a few weeks. yea i'd have to work on it, but damn that is asweet ass car.

good luck selling it man

Quoted post[/post]]
i got the box :p . i'm getting it lowered from the factory, and i'm looking for some rims now.. i'm liking the konig troubles! i was looking at a tc as well, but i didnt fit in there confortabley, and the xb gets better gas milage.

still up for sale with a reduced price!

I like the box. Post pics!

I think it's funny that your parents made you sell it because it's too fast, yet they let you mod the del Sol.

the owner of the shop that was trying tog et it to pass emissions told me dad "that thing is a rocket" and "he's gunna get himself into trouble" which didnt help out at all. my dad drove the starion home(i was in tucson) and was overwhelmed when the turbo spooled. his description was quite funny actually!

yeah, the del sol is kristies.. ran 16.7@80ish was my best time with it.. lol. the thing is slow as hell, but it'll beat up my box though >_>

starion is still for sale! someone buy it!

Ooooooooh ok. So make the guy at the inspection shop buy it, since it's his fault. :p

You can still make the box relatively quick. Toyota engine toughness > Honda engine toughness.

lol, just another honda owner hiding from the fact that honda's are not the muscle cars they were made out to beleive, and that they are not overtly superior to other jap 4cyl motors.

Go for it. :) I wasn't trying to start a contest or a pissing match anyway.

The engine geometry is a little screwy with the DOHC 1.5L in the Echo and Scions though. Sure, you'll make more with the D16A6, but compare any other D block to the Scion and you'll be outmatched.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
I wish i could register that in Cali, i'd buy it for sure. I gotta buy a car in a few weeks. yea i'd have to work on it, but damn that is asweet ass car.

good luck selling it man

why cant u register it in cali?
well i could register it, but not smog it legally, and i don't want to mess with it under the table. Here in SD they pull over a lot of cars if they suspect that they have modified engines. i always see hondas pulled over witht he hoods popped. yea, if i had that thing i'd last about a week before i got pulled over or killed, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back