For Sale: 1990 CRX DX project in Central TX.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If I brought that thing back to NJ, it would be the cleanest CRX around. I swear, I think every one in this area has been hacked nearly to death.

For $850ish, you can get a fresh b18&trans from Hmotors and have an amazing track bitch for under $3k.

Yes. And it grinds.

I may have to retract my Hmotors comment. I don't even see any B18s for sale on their site at the moment. Anyhow, one should be able to source a good B18&trans for $850 or so.

I had a different rex with the LS and it ran high 30s if I was careful. Got a few at 41-42 being stupid careful. But always over 29, even if I was driving like an asshole.

Ughhhhh I need to part my Si out and drop my B16A in there. Seriously.

I'm definitely going to keep an eye on that auction.

Picture 15, are you missing the control arm to shock bolt?

I'm definitely going to keep an eye on that auction.

Picture 15, are you missing the control arm to shock bolt?

It does look like it in the pic but if you look close, the nut is welded to the shock and painted blue. Bolt comes through from the front. Its all there.

Just unloading it at this point. It sells for whatever it brings.

Also, its a 1991. Had it in my head that it was a 90..

Last edited:
It does look like it in the pic but if you look close, the nut is welded to the shock and painted blue. Bolt comes through from the front. Its all there.

Just unloading it at this point. It sells for whatever it brings.

Also, its a 1991. Had it in my head that it was a 90..

I realized that shortly after posting and was too lazy to correct myself. Just did the suspension on my Teg where the bolts come through from the back. Really the only reason I noticed anything, haha.

Thursday bump, auction currently sitting at $1195, ends Sunday evening. 3 days left. No reserve. Could be a chance to snag it up cheap. Would be nice to see it go to a member of the swap and see it finished.

Like any auction, there is sure to be a few last second bids. It may include one from me too, haha.

If I was lucky enough to grab it, I'd hope with a new battery and tires that it would make the trip from TX to NJ.

Last edited:
Like any auction, there is sure to be a few last second bids. It may include one from me too, haha.

If I was lucky enough to grab it, I'd hope with a new battery and tires that it would make the trip from TX to NJ.

Not with the engine ticking the way it is. Its a loud mechanical tick. I would strongly suspect that something would come apart trying to drive it back to NJ in its present condition.

Not with the engine ticking the way it is. Its a loud mechanical tick. I would strongly suspect that something would come apart trying to drive it back to NJ in its present condition.
Would have been an awesome road trip. A full day's worth of driving, with Nashville right in the middle to split it up.

Back