For Sale: 1993 Honda Del Sol Si (possible project car)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Havok

Alright, so at this point, I am tired of seeing the car in my driveway every night, it makes me mad seeing it. Here's all the information I have on it, if I remember anything else, I'll add it in.

1993 Honda Del Sol Si 5 speed
137K miles (clusters reads more than actual car)
D16Z6 w/ Si tranny
Aftermarket parts:
AEM Intake
GReddy Stainless Steel 4-2-1 2 piece Header
Tanabe Racing Medallion Full Cat-Back Exhaust
Del Sol DOHC VTEC Cluster (registers at 8200 rpm redline)
gallery_8_32_78929.jpg

gallery_8_32_10125.jpg

gallery_8_32_10200.jpg

gallery_8_32_139282.jpg

gallery_8_32_142004.jpg

gallery_8_32_138890.jpg

gallery_8_32_139038.jpg

gallery_8_32_70524.jpg

I DO NOT know the extent of the damage. The air bag went off, and I do know that is the main reason it is totalled. I do not know if there is frame damage, it may cost 3000 dollars to replace, or it may cost a bumber, corner light, hood, radiator, and driver side fender. I have driven it 4-5 times around the block since November, it cranks up on the first try every time, and other than a rough idle, drives just like it did before. At this time, I am not going to part it out, I want to try and sell it as a whole first. No title comes with the car, as I was forced to send it to the insurance company.

Asking 2000.00 with the wheels and tires, or 1500.00 for just the car w/ some steelies.

Local pickup is preferred (I'm in NW Florida) or it will be shipped at buyer's expense. Buyer arranges all setup, costs, and everything involved with shipping it. If it's a local pickup, I can try to help out with moving it.

Me likey. Shame I'm not into the Dels, but the rest of this car is beautiful. The paint still looks glossy.

If you have an EK or CTR front clip, what a perfect companion.

people might want to see a pic of the drivers side part of the engine bay with the hood up. they might want to see the extent of the damage.

ah, the 4x4 del sol... i remeber that thing.

btw, you're still a homo :).

hes not parting it out.....reading>you
anywho there has to be some sort of title for the car...be it they send it back to u with a salvage title or what. How is someone ever gonna register it without anything for a title?

good buy, looks like you could replace the radiator support and front bumber, hood and maybe headlights, then be good to go. could be worng, it'd be a deal for $1200 i can't see paying $1500 even with the wheels.

The wheels alone are worth 500, so 1000.00 for a car with 500.00 in aftermarket parts would be a low amount. As for the title, I sent it to the insurance company, they sent me a check, they said the title needed to go to Tallahassee.

Bump! Make a reasonable offer before I take off the wheels, intake, header, exhaust, seats, cluster, roof, etc!

you can re-title a car so long as you have the bill of sale from nick
this statement is sketchy at best...

i know in NY if you have a totaled car it MUST go through dmv inspection before you put it back on the road or try to title it... and thats if you have the title...

the car not even having a salvage title = good for parts only, at least in my state...

edit:
i would contact FL DMV and try to get a duplicate title, even if it comes back branded salvage

edit 2:
this might also help your cause
http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us//hsmvdocs/dmv82363.pdf

Quoted post[/post]]
you can re-title a car so long as you have the bill of sale from nick
this statement is sketchy at best...

i know in NY if you have a totaled car it MUST go through dmv inspection before you put it back on the road or try to title it... and thats if you have the title...

the car not even having a salvage title = good for parts only, at least in my state...

edit:
i would contact FL DMV and try to get a duplicate title, even if it comes back branded salvage

edit 2:
this might also help your cause
http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us//hsmvdocs/dmv82363.pdf
i didnt look deep into it but i know aout related stuff is simple in fla. you can drive with no insurance and such. i doubt it would be that hard.

If I were you I would try to deal with the dickheads at the insurance company to get your title. They should have gave it back to you when you bought the car back from them, at least thats what happened when I totaled my CRX. In my case since I bought it back imediatly it wasn't even branded and I actualy never even had to give them my title.

If I were you I would try to deal with the dickheads at the insurance company to get your title. They should have gave it back to you when you bought the car back from them, at least thats what happened when I totaled my CRX. In my case since I bought it back imediatly it wasn't even branded and I actualy never even had to give them my title.

the same shit happened to my brother, he flipped his 95-ish ranger extended cab, blew out the windshield and both door windows, crinkled the roof some and shifted the box... body lines went to shit...

they came out and saw it, decided it was totaled, he got the buy back offer, they sent him the value check less their buy back value which was like 200 bucks...

he jacked the roof up and got 3 new windows and drives it around...

did you buy your car back from the insurance company?
if so you might even be able to obtain a clear title and then you can get more $$$ for the car...

What happened was, they offered me 5000.00 for the car, I said I wanted 4500.00 and I keep it, they agreed. They said I had to send in the title to them regardless, and that it was totalled, and would not even have a salvage title. They're full of shit, but I don't know how true this statement was.

shell still for sale, see my parts section for anything you may need in, on, or out of it.

Back