For Sale: Adnoh's 1993 Civic DX hatch - SiRII

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

adnoh

Hey guys,

Well, it's time to sell her. I've had a great run with the car, but like so many women in my life, I just want to go for something new. The car is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, so I'm guessing the majority of you are a little far from me. No matter though, there are a few Canucks on this site, and if any of you guys south of the border have friends up by me, you can send them the link. I'll give you guys a complete breakdown of the car, and tons of pics. I'm not trying to hide ANYTHING with this vehicle, so there are also pics of the very few bad spots on the car.

The car has been 100% reliable from day one, and not abused. It has been exclusively maintained by Ken McCartan @ IPC in Toronto, Ontario. Ken McCartan is one of Canada's best honda mechanics, period. The car has never been in an accident, and there are no Liens. The engine has never seen a turbo, or NOS, nor has it been drag raced. There are no grinds in the tranny, and it shifts hard and strong. The clutch is brand new as of 1 year ago. Oil changes were done every 5000 Km's with Honda Oil, and sometimes Mobile 1. The paint is amazing being through 13 years and 265Km's. There has been some minute surface rust developing on some of the normal areas, but it is very small in comparison, especially for a 13 year old car. As usual, there are rock chips on the front bumper and hood ... wow .. surprise. Pics are included of any/all corrosion. The car needs nothing at all, but if you're picky like me, I'd give her a fresh coat of paint and some extremely minor body work (I opted not to paint it for sale so the buyer can see the actual condition of the car, rather than covering it up). The interior is SPOTLESS! It will be sold Ontario gov. Certified, and emission tested. Any Questions, PM me. Engine bay pics will be posted as soon as I get my valvecover back from the polishing shop - nice and shiny polished silver!

Price: $6600 Canadian FIRM, and I'm not parting anything out, period.

So here we go:

Overview:

1993 Canadian Civic DX hatchback - ORIGINAL black paint on grey interior
Body has 265,500 Kilometers (not miles), Engine has approx. 75,000

Drivetrain:

1993 JDM SiRII - B16A DOHC VTEC - Stock
JDM B16A Hydro Tranny (only Red Line synthetic tranny fluid)
Integra Type R Clutch
AEM Short Ram Intake - Polished
New timing belt & valve adjustment 10,000Km's ago
Brand new battery + alternator
Oil changes every 5K

Suspension, Brakes, Wheels

TEIN Super Street Damper (new as of last summer)
DC lower tie bar - polished silver (compliments of Pissedoffsol)
EBC Greenstuff front pads, stock honda rotors, Valvoline Synthetic high temp brake fluid
Stock rear drums
16" Motegi MR7s - Silver w/ Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires in 195/45/16 - 95% tread (brand new)

Exhaust
Magnaflow stainles steel 2.25" catback exhaust w/test pipe (original cat included)

Interior Stuff

Autometer 4" Tach with 10K redline
Edlebrock billet aluminum short shifter, with laser engraved polished shift knob
Alpine AM/FM CD with 4V sub preamps - XM Ready

Exterior Stuff

Nothing. I took the Civic badge off and put the TEIN badge on...if that counts.

PICS:

gallery_31005_76_42172.jpg

gallery_31005_76_38024.jpg

gallery_31005_76_35592.jpg

gallery_31005_76_41902.jpg

gallery_31005_76_114972.jpg

gallery_31005_76_3588.jpg

gallery_31005_76_63268.jpg

gallery_31005_76_61853.jpg

gallery_31005_76_106994.jpg

gallery_31005_76_38379.jpg

gallery_31005_76_72603.jpg

gallery_31005_76_52717.jpg

gallery_31005_76_55661.jpg

gallery_31005_76_28888.jpg

gallery_31005_76_89648.jpg

gallery_31005_76_12865.jpg

Now the only bad stuff. Still, not at all bad for a 13 year old car with original paint!
gallery_31005_76_50169.jpg

This is only on the passenger side:
gallery_31005_76_73950.jpg

gallery_31005_76_27428.jpg

gallery_31005_76_45686.jpg

Holy shit that paint looks amazing for 13 years. My car is a 97 and the paint doesn't look that nice. Good luck selling it.

bump for ya, that is a really nice lookin car for a 93, good luck selling it if you were closer I would consider it

I have to say that's a nice ride but 5800 USD is a lil steep considering the fact that there is a LARGE amount of rust on the passenger side door and the fender wont be pretty for much longer. I have the same swap in my 96 coupe and even after getting fresh paint with no rust EVER, I will not be able to pull more that 6500 out of it. I'm not trying to knock the car at all because it's pretty clean for being that old. You may have better luck dropping the price to like 5k USD. Sorry if I sound like a douche but if the price is right I have been wanting a hatch!!

Quoted post[/post]]
I have to say that's a nice ride but 5800 USD is a lil steep considering the fact that there is a LARGE amount of rust on the passenger side door and the fender wont be pretty for much longer. I have the same swap in my 96 coupe and even after getting fresh paint with no rust EVER, I will not be able to pull more that 6500 out of it. I'm not trying to knock the car at all because it's pretty clean for being that old. You may have better luck dropping the price to like 5k USD. Sorry if I sound like a douche but if the price is right I have been wanting a hatch!!

Thanks for the reply,

I don't think you sound like a douche at all, you're entitled to your opinion. I disagree, but nonetheless appreciate the input. The rust issue isn't really a big deal for me. If you look at the second picture I posted, look at the bottom of the passenger door ... that's the "Large" amount of rust you're referring to. It's actually about 4-5 inches in length. The fender well is literally just starting to chip off and develop surface rust.
As I said, it's in amazing condition considering it's age and kilometers. I could have gone and done the macco route and spent $500 and there would be no rust at all ... and I could tell the buyer that it never did have any in the first place ... but I didn't want to be "that guy". Buying and selling used cars is the sleasiest experience I've ever entailed in my 25 years on this earth ... I hate it. I just didn't want to sell a car that's been bondo'd and covered up because I'd be pretty pissed off if that happened to me. So my pricing is based on about $500 less than what I'd ask for it if it had brand new paint...because the car would look fucking awesome with new paint .. I'm just leaving that up to the buyer.
I've had about 15 calls from my autotrader ad and it just came out on Friday. I have 2 people coming tomorrow, so I hope it goes well! but christ man, you should see the price of some of the civics in toronto ... up to $14,000 for something not much more than mine ..... mine is one of the cheaper on the trader right now! Crazy.

Thanks for your interest, btw.

Keep in mind I paid $700 more than 5.8k for my car.

Looks nice tho! Put up some pics of the engine bay.

Back