For sale or trade

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

joesbadcrx

I am wanting to trade my 88 acura integra d16a1 with 140k miles on it for a dohc zc motor.Or i will sell it.Please i need this motor gone and i really want a zc motor.Thanks.

Originally posted by joesbadcrx@Mar 10 2005, 03:50 PM
I am wanting to trade my 88 acura integra d16a1 with 140k miles on it for a dohc zc motor.Or i will sell it.Please i need this motor gone and i really want a zc motor.Thanks.
[post=471826]Quoted post[/post]​

They are similar to the Zc motor.
Why not just rebuild/build up the teg motor?
Do you want an OBD0 or OBD1 DOHC Zc?

NO ONE in their right mind would trade you a ZC for a D16A1...

obd0 obd1 what does that mean?An the reason i dont want to rebuild it is cause i want a zc to put in my 90 crx hf.

Originally posted by joesbadcrx+Mar 10 2005, 04:19 PM-->
obd0 obd1 what does that mean?
[post=471859]Quoted post[/post]​

WTF??
You need to go back to the drawing board!
If you have no idea what that is you have no business doing any sort of swap! <_<

reckedracing
@Mar 10 2005, 04:05 PM
NO ONE in their right mind would trade you a ZC for a D16A1...
[post=471847]Quoted post[/post]​

And yes you are more than likely correct on that one.With that being said,he may as well save his beans for a Zc or build up his teg motor.Him not knowing what OBD is and he wants to do a swap kind of worries me.

I asked a simple qustion you guys dont have to be rude about can u guys please tell me what that means and yes i know how to do a swap i have plenty of mechanics in my family.

Originally posted by baker423@Mar 10 2005, 12:51 PM
They are similar to the Zc motor.
Why not just rebuild/build up the teg motor?
[post=471828]Quoted post[/post]​

because the d16a1 cannot be bolted into a 4g civic or 2g crx. they are only bolt ins to the 3g civic/2g crx

but if you can find somebody crazy enough to make that trade, send them my way also. i have a d16a1 i need to get rid of also B)

alright
sorry for being "rude"

OBD refers to emissions and electronics...

OBD0 is up to 91 civic hatch...
OBD1 is your 92-95 civics...
i'm pretty sure OBD2 started in the 96-00 civics...

now if you;re doing a swap you want to either stay in your OBD range, or go to a previous...
with enough money you can make anything work... but the idea is that you have plugs inside your car for your ECU, OBD plugs match likewise OBD plugs...

so if you want to do a sohc vtec swap in a 91 civic hatch, you need to either run an OBD0 vtec ecu, or get a P28...
92-95 sohc vtec is OBD1, P28 is OBD1, but your chassis has plugs for OBD0, so you need a OBD1->OBD0 conversion harness...
or a vafc but that a whole diffrent story...

look in the refrence section on this site for some great articles on this...

and a bit of advice...

sell the D16A1, 500 if you find someone who needs a stock replacement and get lucky, or 200, even 100, whatever
then buy a ZC from a good dealer for 400 or 500...

thanks for the advice.Im trying to keep my swaps simple.Im not all into v-tec's Thats why i want to do a dohc zc in my 90 hf.I want this motor real bad so i can spank my bros 89 crx si.

Originally posted by ryan89crx@Mar 10 2005, 08:33 PM
the d16a1 cannot be bolted into a 4g civic or 2g crx. they are only bolt ins to the 3g civic/2g crx
B)
[post=471994]Quoted post[/post]​

That makes no sense...Typo??
I thought that the 1st gen Teg motor would bolt up to a 4g Civic/2g Crx.
Parts from the Teg motor are interchangable with the 1st gen Zc correct?

yea, that was a type

d16a1 bolts into first gen crx, 84 or 85-87, and it should also bolt into the same years civic...

crx si has 90 horse, brown top d16a1 has about 115, so its a 25 horsepower gain from a basic bolt in swap... and its fun to drive too...

i have heard of people trying to put a D16a1 into a 88-91 civic, but civic has the drivers motor mount off the side of the block and the integra motor has the motor mount off the front going to the driver saide frame rail... so not sure how you would mount it into the 88-91's...

and yes, it is said you can swap out D16a1 internals with dohc ZC internals to make a ZC...

thanks for the advice.Im trying to keep my swaps simple.Im not all into v-tec's Thats why i want to do a dohc zc in my 90 hf.I want this motor real bad so i can spank my bros 89 crx si.

i completely understand... best of luck on your swap man...

WOW had to relearn some things...

Now i remember,motor parts are interchangable but motors do not bolt into the same generation. :D got it now!

Back