For Sale, RWD Civic, turbo v6...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

16g on a v6??? i dunno bout you but that sounds kinda small....plus that intercooler is sort of tiny. other than that, its a pretty decent car...cept th etwo tone..the altezzas....

alot of work went into that. but i would have kept the body stock. i want to see a dyno for that bich

Nice conversion! I don't like the way it looks though.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Feb 7 2005, 10:43 AM
i should stop by, hes only 5-10 miles from me.
[post=457463]Quoted post[/post]​

stop by and take pics of the suspension work and motor, etc... I want to see some better detailed pics hehehe... That car is cool but paint has to go... The day I do my RWD civic, i'm painting it yellow and black... Chrome lips on the rims with black middle hehehe... Should be nice and loud! I wish I had that $$$ to buy it LOL

9f_3.JPG

what type of rear end is that though??? Never seen anything like that...

Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 7 2005, 11:09 AM
Volkswagen maybe? :shrug2:
[post=457484]Quoted post[/post]​

gawd... that was a guess but I wasn't really sure, bc it looks as if it has a rear shifter built to the back... dang... but its a 5 speed? hmmm... BLAH, i'm lost... lol

he should had used this...
this is the one I want to use when I do my rwd civic, its a 9" ford IRS. Either that or a corvette IRS... they hold more power...
heiirs1.gif

Thats definately not an FF tranny, it is a RWD transaxle like the one they use in the C5 and C6 Corvette and many other front engine/rear tranny cars. And FWIW, I would much rather use that setup than a Corvette rear suspension any day...that composite mono-leaf spring is an antique design.

actually it is a FF tranny. its the stock acura tranny for that engine. i remember how the acura confused people because the engine was placed like a rwd but it was fwd. its pretty much a driveshaft connected from the clutch to the transmission in that car.

No that is not the stock Vigor tranny, which is what you must be thinking of as that is the only FF longitudinally mounted engine Honda has brought to the US and that was an inline 5 cylinder not a V6.

i wasnt aware of any inline-5 hondas.

but here's a pic of the acura rl v6 with a FF longitude transmission

gallery_7527_277_35727.jpeg

also pic of 1994 acura legend gs engine bay:
94801021000120LRG.jpg

so he seperated the engine and transmission. ran a sort of driveshaft before the tranny to the tranny in the rear? that sounds stupid to me. and he wont get 20k for it.

Back