For the ///M lovers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

and god damnit...

that 850 on auto trader is hot......... until i saw the interior pics.

GOD DAMN FUCKING GAY ASS WODD FUCKING TRIM BITCH PIECES FUCKING OF CRAP!!

NO ONE WANTS WOOD IN THEIR FUCKING CARS YOU DIPSHITS!!!!

</rant>

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jun 21 2005, 07:00 PM
huh??? :unsure:

not really sure what you are asking here :hmm:
the 850CSi was sold at dealerships in the US, you didnt have to import one on your own
[post=514815]Quoted post[/post]​

Now, did they sell them at dealerships, or did BMW specially import them for customers and have them made to American specs, that would be a big differences in whether or not I could bring one back from here.

pretty sure you could buy one at the dealer.

my 1993 consumer reports book (from when i was 16... lol) lists the csi in there as a trim level.

no they were imported for public sale
this just happened to be a very limited production vehicle (1510 850CSI produced world wide)
Kelly Blue Book lists the 850CSi
NADA lists the 850CSi

and just to make sure, i just called a BMW dealership to verify that they were sold publicly in the US

Yeah, I think it was like the Ferrari Enzo - there was probably a very exclusive waiting list.

EDIT: And can I get an "oh my god" for the dinan-modded 850CSi.

Ok so does the CSI have a different engine?? Because they both have v12's so I doubt that they made two seperate types of V12's for two diff models of basically the same car.

My point is if the engines are the same I cant see how it would cost 40k to modify the cheaper one to be just as good if not better than the CSI. Am I wrong?

Imagine if you will...

Honda/BMW
Integra/E31
LS/Ci
ITR/CSi

A very simple breakdown, but trust the passoniate guy, and the guy in Germany, they are very different.

jeesus fucking christ READ THE FUCKING LINK I POSTED

ok one last time for the mentally handicaped

there are 3 different models of the 850
850i
850Ci
850CSi

they each have a different engine
the 850i has the M70 B50, it has 4988 cc displacement, it produces 300hp at 5200 rpm
the 850Ci has the M73 B54, it has 5379 cc displacement, it produces 326 at 5000 rpm
the 850CSi has the S70 B56, it has 5576 cc displacement , it produces 380 at 5300 rpm

the "S" designation on the engine lets ou know that the engine was manufactured by BMW Motorsports (///M)

the others are made by BMW AG

for the simple minded people on here that cant seem to grasp this concept, think of it the same way as the integras
LS
GSR
type R

all have 1.8L inline fours
all look similar

but they are VERY different cars
the LS (GS RS whatever) is the base model, it has the least power and is the least sporty
the GSR is the mid range model, it has more power and better gearing with better braking and handling
the type R is the top of the line integra, it has the most power, the closest gearing, the best handling, the best braking, etc (there were also less type Rs made than any of the other integras)
thus the type R sells for far more money than the LS or GSR

go here
http://www.e31.de/english.html

do some reading

try to comprehend all of the information on that site

if you have legitimate questions after that then by all means feel free to ask

the answers to ALL of your questions regarding the 850 (or any other 8 series BMW for that matter) are easily found on that site

Originally posted by E-dogg@Jun 21 2005, 04:22 PM
Ok so does the CSI have a different engine?? Because they both have v12's so I doubt that they made two seperate types of V12's for two diff models of basically the same car.

My point is if the engines are the same I cant see how it would cost 40k to modify the cheaper one to be just as good if not better than the CSI. Am I wrong?
[post=514888]Quoted post[/post]​

while they are both v12's, they are very different.

http://e31.net/technik_e.html#motor

different compression, different bore, different stroke, different litre'age.

plus, the Ci was only availble in an automatic.

Ok thanks for the clarification there sol....

However, if someone is ignorant to a subject that doesn't mean that they're simple-minded. I don't think my questions were dumb. I apologize that you know SOO much more than me about a car. Its not like I was saying I knew all kinds of shit about the cars. So perhaps think about that before you start insulting people.

To continue what I was saying and to add to what Pissedofsol stated. Same engine, different bore, etc etc. I dare say you could modify one of the 850i engines and/or buy a csi engine for a lot less than 40k, so why wouldn't you just do that and drop it into the cheaper car??? Or is that just a ridiculous idea for someone to suggest on this website... wait what website is this?? Oh yeah hondaSWAP. Maybe that is too hard to grasp?

Originally posted by E-dogg@Jun 21 2005, 02:33 PM
Ok thanks for the clarification there sol....

However, if someone is ignorant to a subject that doesn't mean that they're simple-minded. I don't think my questions were dumb. I apologize that you know SOO much more than me about a car. Its not like I was saying I knew all kinds of shit about the cars. So perhaps think about that before you start insulting people.

To continue what I was saying and to add to what Pissedofsol stated. Same engine, different bore, etc etc. I dare say you could modify one of the 850i engines and/or buy a csi engine for a lot less than 40k, so why wouldn't you just do that and drop it into the cheaper car??? Or is that just a ridiculous idea for someone to suggest on this website... wait what website is this?? Oh yeah hondaSWAP. Maybe that is too hard to grasp?
[post=514921]Quoted post[/post]​

He blew up in your face because even after posting the links several (read: MORE THAN ONE) times, you still asked if the engines were different.

Reading is good.

Originally posted by E-dogg@Jun 21 2005, 10:33 PM
I dare say you could modify one of the 850i engines and/or buy a csi engine for a lot less than 40k, so why wouldn't you just do that and drop it into the cheaper car??? Or is that just a ridiculous idea for someone to suggest on this website... wait what website is this?? Oh yeah hondaSWAP. Maybe that is too hard to grasp?

I dare say Hondas are a HELL of a lot cheaper to mod and work on then BMW, and even if you could find all the parts to make a CSi (not just the engine is different) it would cost a fucking grip.

Originally posted by E-dogg@Jun 21 2005, 05:33 PM
To continue what I was saying and to add to what Pissedofsol stated. Same engine, different bore, etc etc.

but for the 21312312th time, its NOT the same engine, no more than a b18b is the SAME as a b18c5

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jun 21 2005, 02:55 PM-->
@Jun 21 2005, 10:33 PM
I dare say you could modify one of the 850i engines and/or buy a csi engine for a lot less than 40k, so why wouldn't you just do that and drop it into the cheaper car???  Or is that just a ridiculous idea for someone to suggest on this website...  wait what website is this??  Oh yeah hondaSWAP.  Maybe that is too hard to grasp?

I dare say Hondas are a HELL of a lot cheaper to mod and work on then BMW, and even if you could find all the parts to make a CSi (not just the engine is different) it would cost a fucking grip.
[post=514932]Quoted post[/post]​

Speaking in relative quantifiable terms, exactly how much is "a fucking grip"? :p

ok here goes

(deep breath... remaining calm)

the engine in the 850CSi is closer related to the engine in the McLaren F1 (both are S70 engines), than it is to the engine in the 850Ci (M73) or the 850i (M70)
there is much more involved than a simple case of different compression, different stroke, etc... its a completly different engine

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jun 21 2005, 06:07 PM
Speaking in relative quantifiable terms, exactly how much is "a fucking grip"? :p
[post=514936]Quoted post[/post]​

LMAO :lmao:

Back