For the others who are into the old school CRXs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hosmer

I made the millionth post
VIP
Pretty cool, click on the CRX then each little image for a larger view

GO HERE

mu01.jpg

Well, the white one I've been posting all over the place is my 3rd 1st gen.

My 1st one (as well as my 1st Honda) was an 85 DX and I got it back in 1996 for $500. It had a factory equalizer under the radio....I lost it in 3.5 feet of water when my parking lot flooded. I actually drained the oil and changed the plugs and it started back up...ran like shit and you had to hold your foot to the floor to keep it running, but it ran.

Number 2 was an 86 Si (1998)....$400
Sold it when I moved down to GA a year and a half later.

I put one big racing stripe on it :cry:

mugen made a remote located turbo kit??? omg!

s5.jpg

"remote located turbo kit" que ?

I suppose they would - there is no room in there to fit a turbo unless you push the radiator forward (as we will do in yours) or use the half-width and no factory would release the half-width on a turbo car because if they are slightly out of tune they overheat.

EDIT: By the way, I have one of those remote turbo piping kits. It puts the turbo where the battery sits.

I <3 oldschool honda stuff. I love reading in "Maximum Boost" how they fitted a custom turbo kit to an 89 CRX, got 145hp and called it a "massive gain in power". It's amazing how far turbo technology has come.

Back