For those who have ground controls....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

adnoh

hey guys,

A question for those of you that have the ground control coilovers (in normal config., not custom rates)....
What is ride quality like compared to stock in normal driving conditions? Is it bumpy as hell, or really smooth?
They will be mated to a set of Tokico Illuminas.

Thanks,
R

I have some GC coilovers on my Illuminas.....and they're in my garage waiting to be installed...I'll get back to you about them after this upcoming weekend :)

Mine = custom rates, but not too bad 450/350 (I think((I'ts been a while)). But the ride is great. Thing is, you have "soundproof" them. Get em on with the included rings, then drive around listening for clanking sleeves, find it, then throw something on the shock housing to stop it, I used duck tape to make the rings more secure against the sleeves.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Mar 10 2005, 01:51 AM
Mine = custom rates, but not too bad 450/350 (I think((I'ts been a while)). But the ride is great. Thing is, you have "soundproof" them. Get em on with the included rings, then drive around listening for clanking sleeves, find it, then throw something on the shock housing to stop it, I used duck tape to make the rings more secure against the sleeves.
[post=471552]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks man. I know exactly what you mean with the clanking sleeves...it's really annoying. I think I will be purchasing this setup this month, considering the US dollar is so low and I can get a great exchange rate.

Anyone know of a good online store to get a set of ground controls and Tokico Illuminas? I got a quote from an ebay store called Kuruma Motoring Inc....$670 including shipping to Canada....which didn't seem too shabby. Can I get them cheaper?

I got my Illuminas and GC's for $400 but they were used...and it was a hell of a steal. $670 is a rip off. You can easily get GC's for $200 and Illuminas for $400. $670 is not a deal, its them combining the two and tacking on $70. I think your best bet is looking on ebay, I've seen some good deals on Illuminas there.

He said 670 CND, not USD, not too bad. I got mine from a member, so they were a good deal, but you can check with some of our vendors, they usually have good prices and a member deal :)

Back