1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those who have ground controls....

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by adnoh, Mar 7, 2005.

1. adnoh

adnoh Senior Member

hey guys,

A question for those of you that have the ground control coilovers (in normal config., not custom rates)....
    What is ride quality like compared to stock in normal driving conditions? Is it bumpy as hell, or really smooth?
    They will be mated to a set of Tokico Illuminas.

Thanks,
    R

2. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

I have some GC coilovers on my Illuminas.....and they're in my garage waiting to be installed...I'll get back to you about them after this upcoming weekend :)

3. adnoh

adnoh Senior Member

I'd appreciate that very much :) I need some testimonials before I go ahead and buy them.

4. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Mine = custom rates, but not too bad 450/350 (I think((I'ts been a while)). But the ride is great. Thing is, you have "soundproof" them. Get em on with the included rings, then drive around listening for clanking sleeves, find it, then throw something on the shock housing to stop it, I used duck tape to make the rings more secure against the sleeves.

5. adnoh

adnoh Senior Member

Thanks man. I know exactly what you mean with the clanking sleeves...it's really annoying. I think I will be purchasing this setup this month, considering the US dollar is so low and I can get a great exchange rate.

Anyone know of a good online store to get a set of ground controls and Tokico Illuminas? I got a quote from an ebay store called Kuruma Motoring Inc....$670 including shipping to Canada....which didn't seem too shabby. Can I get them cheaper?

6. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

I got my Illuminas and GC's for $400 but they were used...and it was a hell of a steal. $670 is a rip off. You can easily get GC's for $200 and Illuminas for $400. $670 is not a deal, its them combining the two and tacking on $70. I think your best bet is looking on ebay, I've seen some good deals on Illuminas there.

7. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

He said 670 CND, not USD, not too bad. I got mine from a member, so they were a good deal, but you can check with some of our vendors, they usually have good prices and a member deal :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted