1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

for those with gutted coupes...

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by laoboisosilly, Feb 15, 2007.

1. laoboisosilly

laoboisosilly Slammed EJ2 y0

for those of yall that have fully gutted coupes, do you hear a loud wind noise while driving on the highway? anyone know a way to resolve this? :confused:

2. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

might be the fuel pump

3. laoboisosilly

i dont think its the fuel pump, its perfectly quiet at speeds below 50 mph, but after that it sounds like my windows are all rolled down lol, or whenever i go up a hill on the interstate it stops for a little while, im thinking its the trunk area, im not shure and need some feedback on this

4. get_nick

well, with no seats and no carpeting you will get a lot of road noise and exhaust sounds. i had my old b16 coupe gutted and it was loud also.

if it gets too loud, there are some types of aerosol sprays for sound deadening and sealing up little holes. it comes out and looks just like flat black paint. i did in in my nissan.

5. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

I had my door panels off one time that I drove for about an hour and a half on the parkway. I was fucking deaf when I got there. Interior parts makes a big difference in the interior sound.

6. get_nick

i had a my drivers door panel off because i was too lazy to put it on when i was trying to replace the speakers. gutted cars suck. i don't know how people do it. maybe i'm just getting old.

7. 97hatch

97hatch ?

i drive my crx with no interior at all and i mean nothing even the dash is guted i have no heat or any thing like that. just a empty dash with a cluster and i dont have any problem with the noise i know that im driving my race car down the road and racecars are loud

8. laoboisosilly

hrmm, maybe i should try the sound deadening spray, but deng, i swear inside my car it sounds like im going 150mph with my windows down lol, its mad windy noise like in there

9. 97hatch

97hatch ?

check holes in fire wall and floor and also seal up holes in floor
    sound deading kills the purpose of removing interior

10. laoboisosilly

hrmm, i never noticed holes on the inside of my car, i gotta check on that :huh:

11. sprjit22

sprjit22 New Member

In the trunk of the eg their is a hole with a litte rubber flap on it. It is on the driver side if Im not mistaken. It is behind the bumper but if you look inside the trunk & down on the driver side you can see it. Iv never drove arround in my car gutted but, I would check this first.
    I did drive my teg once with out the center counsole & a hole in the floor ( did auto to manual) untill I cut the floor out of a civic to weld in place & it was realy loud & hot air blowing in my face..

12. danwilliams

danwilliams New Member

The only problem I get with my interior stripped is when the vtec kicks in the cables vibrate like crazy gonna have to start taping them down its really annoying!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted