Ford F150 recall 1.2mil

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ford has always battled with electrical gremlins, and it appears they aren't getting any better at it
how about the plugs being lose inside the under hood fuse box that relays plug into
took about a year and a half to figure out why the truck would just randomly shut off

That doesn't mean it's worth a damn penny to anyone else. Bentley, Rolls Royce... not throw away cars, Honda Accord, throw away car.

No, the Honda Accord is meant to be a practical car. Cars were designed to transport humans and their stuff from point A to point B.

The Accord does that (you'd be stupid to say it doesnt do it fairly well) for a longer than average time, with lower than average maintenance costs, and an affordable price tag from the stealership. Practical.

Bentley, Rolls Royce, all design cars that do the same fucking thing. But for easily 5+ times the cost.

How exactly does this make an Accord a throw-away car?

No, the Honda Accord is meant to be a practical car. Cars were designed to transport humans and their stuff from point A to point B.

The Accord does that (you'd be stupid to say it doesnt do it fairly well) for a longer than average time, with lower than average maintenance costs, and an affordable price tag from the stealership. Practical.

Bentley, Rolls Royce, all design cars that do the same fucking thing. But for easily 5+ times the cost.

How exactly does this make an Accord a throw-away car?

Because, for most people who aren't tinkerers like most of us on this board, if the engine/drivetrain/anything major dies on an Accord you're going to take the insurance check and go buy another car. Thus making it a throw-away car.

My favorite auto manufacturer makes better cars than your favorite auto manufacturer, regardless of the model or the year it was made.

My favorite auto manufacturer makes better cars than your favorite auto manufacturer, regardless of the model or the year it was made.

Hey god dammit, don't talk about my favorite auto manufacturer that way, your favorite auto manufacturer is widely known to be spoken about in a derogatory manner by people that don't own your favorite auto manufacturer's cars!

Because, for most people who aren't tinkerers like most of us on this board, if the engine/drivetrain/anything major dies on an Accord you're going to take the insurance check and go buy another car. Thus making it a throw-away car.
Um, people do that with other cars too, including high-end cars.

The Accord is not like the Civics; I've seen plenty of Civics that break down and need minor work(mainly later model ones; though in general I've seen more beat up Civics than Accords too so maybe they're not maintained as well or abused more), but the Accords honestly seem to last pretty long; 94-02 models being VERY common; they don't make it on "Most Reliable Cars" lists for nothing.

Last edited:

right, because the car cost you less money in the first place. thus, placing a lesser value on the vehicle, especially after 200k+ miles. however, isnt the point of transportation just that? transportation? and, if an accord will last you just as long as a Bentley, but at a lower cost, why would that make it a throw away car? Because it doesnt have a fridge full of the worlds finest wine mashed between the navigation and the automatic cupholders?

if the engine crapped out in your Bentley, the only reason you wouldnt go buy another car with the insurance check is because the car was more expensive in the first place.

i fail to see the logic in your statement.

Honda Accord is a throw away car because there is a point where it goes from opinion to fact saying that the car is fuxord. Front end wiped clean off? Time for the crusher. Sure if it has body damage or rust, you could transplant the motor, but what's the point if you can buy a new one on Craigslist for 500 bucks? F22? Excellent motor. Probably my favorite motor. But any unibody chassis really is a throw away. Not because they're a dime a dozen, but there comes a point where you'd be building an entire car to make a wrecked piece of junk into an unwrecked piece of junk.

Don't get me wrong. I love the Accord. Great car. It's not the dime a dozen factor, it's the fact that it's made to drive the piss out of, either it dies, and you get a new one, or you die, and it gets a new owner.

Of course there are going to be recalls with any manufacturer. There is too much shit in cars now. Cars are complex now and have a shit ton of features. Somethings got to go wrong at some point.

Hey god dammit, don't talk about my favorite auto manufacturer that way, your favorite auto manufacturer is widely known to be spoken about in a derogatory manner by people that don't own your favorite auto manufacturer's cars!
Enraged exclamation concerning the sexual preferences of those who operate vehicles from your favorite auto manufacturer!

right, because the car cost you less money in the first place. thus, placing a lesser value on the vehicle, especially after 200k+ miles. however, isnt the point of transportation just that? transportation? and, if an accord will last you just as long as a Bentley, but at a lower cost, why would that make it a throw away car? Because it doesnt have a fridge full of the worlds finest wine mashed between the navigation and the automatic cupholders?

if the engine crapped out in your Bentley, the only reason you wouldnt go buy another car with the insurance check is because the car was more expensive in the first place.

i fail to see the logic in your statement.

Fine, you win. Everyone everywhere will hold onto their junked Accords because it's so rare and valuable that no one would ever be able to find one. Now, go to your local junkyard and find me 10 Bentleys. Oh that's right, you won't.

JD Power is a joke. Everything is based on customer surveys and customer preception. I will admit, Ford has stepped their game up recently (along with the Koreans); however, someone who has been driving shitty Fords for the last 20 years has a different preception of quality than someone who has been driving Hondas for 20 years. I consider Consumer Reports the best way of judging products.

Enraged exclamation concerning the sexual preferences of those who operate vehicles from your favorite auto manufacturer!

Outraged statement regarding your mother's sexual promiscuity and overall inferiority of your favorite auto manufacturer!

Outraged statement regarding your mother's sexual promiscuity and overall inferiority of your favorite auto manufacturer!
Rebuttal of my mother's promiscuity with inference to my relations with members of your family!

Ill-contrived statement featuring childish attempts to insult your selection of female companionship!

(I'd forgotten how fun this kind of shit is, lol)

JD Power is a joke. Everything is based on customer surveys and customer preception. I will admit, Ford has stepped their game up recently (along with the Koreans); however, someone who has been driving shitty Fords for the last 20 years has a different preception of quality than someone who has been driving Hondas for 20 years. I consider Consumer Reports the best way of judging products.

no where in that article does it say the information about Ford's quality vs Toyota and Honda was done by JD Power. i have driven both "shitty" Ford vehicles and Hondas and well i like the "shitty" Ford vehicles because they are very comparable to anything else out on the market, comfortable to drive and are just as economical to have. sure, Toyota and Honda make great cars but i prefer my "shitty" Ford. go test drive a new Ford and tell me that they are "shitty"...

Rebuttal of my mother's promiscuity with inference to my relations with members of your family!

Scathing response outlining inference to your relations with YOUR family!

Nonsensical reply including misspelled words and racial slurs!

Ill-contrived statement featuring childish attempts to insult your selection of female companionship!

(I'd forgotten how fun this kind of shit is, lol)

:lmao:

TOTY.

Back