Ford guys ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

Hey guys,

What years do the Ford 302 have serpentine belts ? OR can any of you 'net savvy guys find a complete list of motors and features to reference ?

-> Steve

This swap is going to be a nightmare.

-> Steve

What swap are you doing?
I want to buy a 79-93 stang and I am trying to decide on what year is the best to start with, engine wise. If anyone finds any general 5.0 engine sites while searchign for this please post them.

Originally posted by Jeef@Feb 14 2005, 12:25 AM
What swap are you doing?
I want to buy a 79-93 stang and I am trying to decide on what year is the best to start with, engine wise. If anyone finds any general 5.0 engine sites while searchign for this please post them.
[post=460584]Quoted post[/post]​

The 83 notch back mustang is the lightest of the 5.0's best one to start with for a project car. as far as the 302 goes, you can make a 302 using a 351 block with a 289 crank. so you don't have to go nutz finding an old 302

old 302s are a dime a dozen. You can find a perfectly good 5.0 in a totalled hatch pretty much in any junkyard, anytime.

yeah the 302 made for the 80's and up are crap, if you want a real 302 from a boss mustang they are hard to find.

Originally posted by Jeef@Feb 13 2005, 11:25 PM
What swap are you doing? 
[post=460584]Quoted post[/post]​

Stangnet.com seems to be the best around. Nice guys.

I'm putting a 302 from a mustang into my 87 4Runner... MAYBE. The price tag, as with all Toyota Mods seems to expand like a virus.

-> Steve

$2500 for the PARTS, not including motor.. I gotta find a better way..

I could carb it with a 289, which was the original plan. I have to find a motor quicker than cheaper now - The truck is down for the count. Shitty Japanese late 80's aluminum block is soft as butter.

in brief answer to your question, the major changes occured in 1988. That motor is tighter toleranced, roller head and more compact. The EFI is perfected, the ECU is newer (Yet pre-obd) and the engine has less vibration.

You can see the difference from the piston deck up.

-> Steve

And I like the 76-77 Mustang Cobra. I'm alone in that sentiment.

If you wanna be different, check out the fox body Capri. McLaren made a monster of one, and someone here on this board has one. Forget who.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Feb 14 2005, 09:35 PM
yeah the 302 made for the 80's and up are crap, if you want a real 302 from a boss mustang they are hard to find.
[post=460938]Quoted post[/post]​

why are they crap? Plenty of guys have perfectly good 302s and build on them quite nicely. Plenty of good, and very quick 302s out there mildly built and turbo'd without problems.

You should do a 351W swap anyway. :ph34r:

eh, do a 351 cleveland swap. much better than the windsor motor(windsor was what they put in pickup trucks and stuff)
Im running a 302 in my F150 with GT40 heads, a Vortech supercharger running 8lbs of boost. She scoots. Shes faster than my integra, i can tell you that much, and my integra runs 14.2's.

I love rolling up to people and telling them wanna race? and there like whats that whine I hear? I tell them I have a bad bearing in my alternator, lol. line up, goodbye.

Im running a 302 in my F150 with GT40 heads, a Vortech supercharger running 8lbs of boost. She scoots. Shes faster than my integra, i can tell you that much, and my integra runs 14.2's.

I love rolling up to people and telling them wanna race? and there like whats that whine I hear? I tell them I have a bad bearing in my alternator, lol. line up, goodbye.

bahhahaha

[mr burns] excellent [mr burns]

Back