Ford parking only

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
http://money.cnn.com/2006/01/27/news/compa...dex.htm?cnn=yes

My take on this, if they would actually make more dependable, fun, gas freindly cars, they wouldn't have to make a rule like this. In my opinion this shows the quality and mindset of ford that this is so much of a problem they have to make parking bans to try and stop there own workers who get insane discounts on ford products including mazda and volvos and still won't drive their cars because they are either boring, horrible gas guzzlers, or Fixed Or Repaired Daily.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11057921/from/RSS

DEARBORN, Mich. - The parking lot at Ford Motor Co.'s Dearborn Truck plant just got a little more exclusive.

Plant manager Rob Webber announced Monday that, starting Feb. 1, the parking lot may be used only by employees who drive vehicles built by Ford or one of its subsidiaries.

Webber's move came the same day Ford announced a restructuring plan under which it will cut up to 30,000 jobs and close 14 facilities by 2012. Ford said the plan is designed to make the company's North American division, which lost $1.6 billion last year, profitable by 2008.

"It was something this plant manager took upon himself. It's not a company-wide policy," Ford spokeswoman Anne Marie Gattari said, adding that Webber made the decision after consulting with local UAW leaders.

Jerry Sullivan, president of United Auto Workers Local 600, which represents about 2,600 workers at the plant, applauded Webber's move.

"Everybody's in this together. (We need) to buy the products we make and support the company," Sullivan said. "This is a good place to start."

The UAW in the past has banished Asian and European vehicles from its parking lots. The restriction at Dearborn Truck, however, may be the first to be sanctioned by an automaker, The Detroit News reported Friday.

The ban applies to both salaried and hourly workers with permits to park on site. About 15 percent of Dearborn Truck employees have such permits. Employees who don't drive Ford products can still park in an employee lot across the street from the plant.

© 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

:wtf:

there I merged it even though now your post is kinda meaningless lol

for was heading the right way in the mid 90's. the probe was pretty popular and had potential for the younger crowd. the new mustang body had just come out... and the taurus was the best selling car in america.

and then the cars just ended up sucking after 30k miles.....

its not the price of the car. its the reliability of it and how it drives. the market tells you this.

you see 10 civics or accords for every taurus or monte carlo you see.

and the ONLY reason the f150 is the best selling truck, is because a LOT of comapnies use them for work horses. why? because they are "throw-outs" when they are done at 40k miles.

Just a FYI, Ford is no longer the best selling truck. It is now Chevy. I'm guessing in 5-10 years that Toyota will claim that title.

I can't believe a company, or specifically a plant would to be this petty.

Your company is going to shit, and you think forcing what, the 500 employees at this plant that don't fords to drive them is going to turn things around?

Besides the fact that Ford is closing plants so quick, by the time you get a Ford vehicle and the privelage to park in the big boy parking lot, you'll probably be laid off. And then you'll be stuck with their shitty car.

Quoted post[/post]]
I can't believe a company, or specifically a plant would to be this petty.

Your company is going to shit, and you think forcing what, the 500 employees at this plant that don't fords to drive them is going to turn things around?

Besides the fact that Ford is closing plants so quick, by the time you get a Ford vehicle and the privelage to park in the big boy parking lot, you'll probably be laid off. And then you'll be stuck with their shitty car.

Ford is closing most of its plants in Canada and outside of the United States. Push the economic problem out of our market and into someone else's is the idea.

The plants in America will be the last ones to go and at that point, the government will probably subsidize car manufacturers because we need vehicles for military purposes.

I'm not saying its not a possibility that they're going to go under, because its a great possibility but I think the government has reason enough to keep the companies around.

I want someone in the Dearborn area to tell me which parking lot is covered in oil spots first.

Because you know what my bet is.

Attention all Ford Dearborn Employees:

As of February 1st, we will institute the new Parking rules and measures, which as you know is designed to segregate the Ford automobiles from the rest. If you can not find the "Ford only" parking lot, please follow the smoke trail.

Thank you,

Bill Ford

IMG_2539-1.JPG

http://esigler.2nw.net/images/IMG_2540-1.JPG

Addendum:

We would like all drivers of the many recalled Fords with brake issues to park in the south lot

Thank you.

Bill Ford

womens_only_parking_lot_2.jpg

no offense to anyone but, Im willing to guess your opinions on " best selling truck " are based on some type of ad. you've seen or heard. Read the fine print on your next Chevy/ Ford commercial. I think they mean to say " best selling truckin the u.s.a.....within our fleet" Now i think Im gonna go outside and clean up the drippings from under my Hombre..ERRR.... i mean S-10.

Quoted post[/post]]

This would probally be the last US plant to ever close because it is so big and has a prime location because of its location to water. The are able to take raw iron ore and process it and eventually make that into a car all in one plant. If you ever go to the dearborn plant, the place is really like a small city. Its that big.

Did anybody else realize the fact that now more and more employees will be late to work, or not make it at all? That's whats going to happen when their ford's they are FORCED to drive break down all the time...

Bunch of idiots. Correct me if I'm wrong but, I would think the #1 thing that would build confidence in any company would be reliability of the product. :nod:

Back