Ford Probe seats in a '90 hatch?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

There's a junk yard I go to that has a very nice pair of Probe seats that I'm seriously thinking of getting....multiple power controls and they just look sweet! Look sorta like a competition seat with the upper headrest area framed as part of the seat with an opening in that area. I can probably get them for $35-40 each the guy said so they're in my price range.... :)

I'm not too worried about fabbing some mounting plates to fit the holes, but I am worried that they'll be too wide overall and interfere with the shifter/e-brake when I put both seats in.

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried this since I didn't have a tape measure when I was out there last time.

Thanks!

shit..dont do it..who gives a fuck if they look good..its from a FORD!!!..i dunno..i dont want nothin to do with that domestic shit..

unless i could put a 5.0 in my Civic..lol

Originally posted by Raggedyman@Aug 2 2003, 04:03 PM
There's a junk yard I go to that has a very nice pair of Probe seats that I'm seriously thinking of getting....multiple power controls and they just look sweet! Look sorta like a competition seat with the upper headrest area framed as part of the seat with an opening in that area. I can probably get them for $35-40 each the guy said so they're in my price range.... :)

I'm not too worried about fabbing some mounting plates to fit the holes, but I am worried that they'll be too wide overall and interfere with the shifter/e-brake when I put both seats in.

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried this since I didn't have a tape measure when I was out there last time.

Thanks!

if that is what you want drill so new hole to line up with the probe seats put the in and marker them and drill away when that is done go to home depo and get some treading bit so you can put screws to hold the seat

take out your passenger seat, drive your car up there and test fit the passenger seat from the Probe into your car.

best bet is to test fit like trailerpark said....

think about this though......I paid 100 cash for my GSR seats.......keep your eyes open and you can find something better than ford seats........and if you're going to wire up all the power switches be prepared for a headache........

those probe gt seats are a bitch to fab in to any thing. I tried to get a set to fit in my Ranger when i had it and i could not get it done without heavy heavy moding the mount locations are at 4 diffrent heights. If i rember correct 2 or three are at a angle also

go with del sol seats, they look like the PGT's kinda but fit wayyy better and will sound better than ford seats in a honda

Back