Ford to Pay $369M to Paralyzed Woman

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm

lets see... my problems with SUV's...

one, they are more of a trend or fashion statement for the fucking soccer moms that don't want to have a regular car because ms x and ms y all get new suv's from their hubbies...

two, they are bad on gas which has a severe adverse affect on the enviroment...
i understand that trucks are bad on gas too, but at least they serve a purpose other than being big to be big...

and my main problem with suv's is they are fucking HUGE and if i get in an accident with one... my crx vs. an explorer, navigator, tahoe, etc etc etc I AM FUCKED... their front bumper is just about the right height to decapitate me...

so to sum up, i hate the fact that the enviroment can be destroyed and our roads made less safe just because these fucking people want to have big duffy SUV's
and most of them don't even use them for off road, or carrying anything more than their fat ass back and forth to work...

most suv drivers... wait thats a misstatement... cause they can;t fucking drive for shit...

and i love getting stuck behind them in my little enviromentally friendly car so their big ass tires can throw water/mud all over my god damn windshield..

fuck suv's and the monkey fucking retards that drive them to be COOL...

edit: sorry for the rant...

Well I could care less if they are bad on gas, because I am not then one paying for it. My sister drives an SUV, she has 4 kids and doesn't like Mini-Vans, sounds like a good reason to get an SUV to me. I can understand that they are not safe if you get hit by them, but if you get hit by an SUV on the freeway it most likely won't be the only car to hit you. You can be hit by another rex going 65 mph and might hit you into another car and cause just as much damage. Also if you are that worried about the enviornment get yourself a Prius to cut down from the SUV's. 18 wheelers, buses, trains etc. are much worse than an SUV. I still don't care if someone has an SUV or not, their choice. I hate it when people a car at 100 MPH on the freeway, should that mean that people only give cars a top speed of 40 MPH. Come on now, let people drive what they want their money and problem not yours. Also if they are really bad at driving it doesn't matter what car they drive they will always drive like shit. Also I see more trucks used for "status" symbols than I see them used to tow or haul stuff, those should come off the road too I guess.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Jun 4 2004, 04:48 PM
My sister drives an SUV, she has 4 kids and doesn't like Mini-Vans, sounds like a good reason to get an SUV to me.

That's total BS. You should've read what I said above... your sister "could've gotten a station wagon that handles better, is much less likely to roll over, & has more space than a SUV." We've always had station wagons in my family because my parents didn't want a minivan or a SUV. And believe me, a station wagon does have more square footage than most SUVs, so having 4 kids is no excuse.

I agree with reckedracing that they are a status symbol & that's probably one of the reasons your sister has one- because it's perceived to be "cooler" than a station wagon or minivan, even though they're dangerous gas-guzzlers that don't handle worth shit.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Jun 4 2004, 03:17 PM
And I'd like to see people take a class and get special licensing in order to drive an SUV, just like they do with motorcycles. A standard drivers license should only cover driving a regular car...

:withstupid: I think that's a great idea!

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Jun 4 2004, 04:58 PM
I agree that men and women can equally be bad drivers, granted women get in more accidents, but not necessarily because of bad driving but because of putting make up on or something along those lines.

So SasSi... what do you think of this statement? I've never fixed my makeup in my car while driving, have you? lol. And when my cellphone rings, I let it continue ringing until I make sure it's safe traffic-wise to answer it. If there might be a problem, I am ready to drop the phone at any time.

Originally posted by Frankie P.+Jun 4 2004, 04:58 PM-->
I also don't understand why most of you have such a problem with SUV's so they suck up a lot of gas, it isn't affecting you so who cares.
There is a finite amount of oil on this planet. It's going to suck for future generations, like my nieces if we don't address the problems sooner than later when we are in a real crisis. It's a huge future problem for us that the Mainland Chinese are currently buying cars at a rapid rate and not using bicycles to travel around anymore... their growing need for oil is going to make OPEC very happy.

Frankie P.
@Jun 4 2004, 04:58 PM
Trucks are just as dangerous should people not drive those? I say let people drive what they want if you have a problem with it, who cares, they don't.

Are you referring to tractor trailor trucks? They are hauling cargo. Most SUV's that I see on the road only have one person in them.

Last month I posted in some thread about how distressed I was to see an H2 going 95 mph down I-84 in CT. It's two lanes and this asshole was weaving in and out of traffic. :angry:

How does rolling over in the explorer compare to other cars tho? If the suv is that much more prone to rolling over then, I agree with the woman. But if the suv has a tendency to roll over no more than any other suv out there, then it could be a case of bad driving. Example, my roomate has a jeep wrangler, and I know those things have had problems rolling over and thats even why they don't make the doors removable like they used to. So what do you do, you don't drive it like you do a car, common sense to me. As for Ford quality I give three examples to sum it all up: windstar transmissions, thier 80's electrical problems and the pinto gastank.

You can't sue a company because you misuse their product and it bites you in the ass.

In this country you can <_<

I'm not even going to read that... if I do I'll probably get pissed off, think about it next time I'm at a redlight, and when I observe some 5'2" woman talking on the cell phone whilest putting on her lipstick sitting in traffic at 12 pm with no kids in her car going to the grocery store to get some damn milk and I might get out of my car and beat the living f uck out of her fuckin Explorer.

94RedSIGal, did I say all women put on their make up and drive at the same time? Umm... I don't think so, but you can't tell me that women don't do it at all. Some men do it too (SICKO'S) but for the most part a lot of woman do it. Also my sister drives an SUV for the safety of her children, in all honesty the life of another person is important to her, but if she had the choice of saving you or her kids who do you think that she will die for first. The reason for her owning the SUV is that, also she knows they have tendency to flip over so she doesn't drive it insanely crazy. Another point is, if you people are so scared of being hit by an SUV then stay off the damn road, PLEASE!!!!!

Are you referring to tractor trailor trucks? They are hauling cargo. Most SUV's that I see on the road only have one person in them.

And no I am not referring to 18 wheelers, I am talking about Super Crew Half ton Dooley's or any truck for that matter they are just as dangerous, and I don't see 90% of them hauling shit. So, the next time you go on the road and fear an SUV hitting you, better take a bus, because those are driving death traps too. As for the oil shortage that these SUV's are depleting our sources so rapidly, then technology needs to pick up the pace, and find something more reliable.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Jun 5 2004, 04:17 AM
94RedSIGal, did I say all women put on their make up and drive at the same time? Umm... I don't think so, but you can't tell me that women don't do it at all. Some men do it too (SICKO'S) but for the most part a lot of woman do it. Also my sister drives an SUV for the safety of her children, in all honesty the life of another person is important to her, but if she had the choice of saving you or her kids who do you think that she will die for first. The reason for her owning the SUV is that, also she knows they have tendency to flip over so she doesn't drive it insanely crazy. Another point is, if you people are so scared of being hit by an SUV then stay off the damn road, PLEASE!!!!!

And no I am not referring to 18 wheelers, I am talking about Super Crew Half ton Dooley's or any truck for that matter they are just as dangerous, and I don't see 90% of them hauling shit. So, the next time you go on the road and fear an SUV hitting you, better take a bus, because those are driving death traps too. As for the oil shortage that these SUV's are depleting our sources so rapidly, then technology needs to pick up the pace, and find something more reliable.

1. There may be a few women doing the makeup thing, but the majority of us don't. Really we don't. In terms of distractive driving, both sexes are guilty of using their cellphones while driving. That is the worst problem. And I see that it's tons of men doing it. Older business men on thie phones.... :ph34r: I am very happy any time some state makes a law making talking on a cellphone and driving illegal. And eating and drinking while driving is bad too.

2. Your sister may FEEL safer in an SUV, but she really isn't. She would be the safest in a Volvo. Bigger is not safer, especially when she can't really handle one at its limits. It's all about marketing and idiotic consumer ASSumptions. And then there are the stupid ones in their SUV's who don't wear their seatbelts... good.

3. And why should I stay off the roads in fear? Cars were here first!!! :angry: Motocycles too! This is not a matter of being safe by all of us needing to get these Light Utility Vehicles. Your last statement reminds me of Michael Moore's theory in Guns For Columbine, where he suggests that Americans revel in living in the fear mode. How wonderful, ALL of us need to run out and buy guns and SUV's!!!!!

If your sister is living in such fear that she has to be in any SUV rather than drive more awarely, then she's the one that needs to stop breeding and get the fuck off of the roads. Some people can't deal with driving on the highway... so don't. One doesn't need an SUV as a grocery getter or to pick up the kids from soccer practice.

Being safe on the roads is being aware at all times of your driving environment. It's all about defensive driving and also maintaining your vehicle mechanically. Lazy-ass bad drivers hiding in their new SUV's... BAH! :roll:

Originally posted by OldEMaltLiQuoR+Jun 4 2004, 09:05 PM-->
reckedracing
@Jun 4 2004, 02:58 PM
major corporations are in bed with the government that is suspossed to be safeguarding us... the whole system is corrupt...

All thanks to that idiot son of an asshole, Bush.
Damn you Bush!!! Damn you to HELL!!!

Would you please go choke your ignorant ass now as opposed to infected the rest of the world?

Yea, ok, corporations weren't involved with the government before Bush, thanks for shedding the darkness, er I mean, light on that one for us.

SUVs suck, but you can't say it was the vehicles fault for the wreck, maybe she was having phone sex and using a vibrator while driving, who knows. Fuck idiots who can't drive.

Another SUV peeve of mine... several years ago, that freaking series of Mazda zoom zoom SUV commercials... the ones with SUV's playing polo near an ocean cliff, an SUV weaving with a bunch of little Madza sportcars and saying that their SUV grew up with them and consequently had the spirit of a sportcar. I wanted to sue their ass so badly for putting those thoughts and images into Americans. I hated those commercials!

Well anytime an SUV leaves the pavement unexpectedly, it rolls over. It happens daily in my area. What a bunch of idiot drivers. And it's not just women doing it, many are in the under 25 crowd and there are also adult guys crashing too.

The makeup thing and even those men reading newspapers is really something that I've heard about happening in those severe rush hour traffic jams, the huge ones where people are in stop and go traffic for half an hour or more... like around LA.

When did I mention that only women talked on their cellphones? I didn't even mention cellphones, because almost everybody, except you, usually does talk on the phone. Everybody talks on their phone, eats, puts make up on, looks for CD's, which you must not because it distracts your driving ability. What I am getting at, is I bet just as much, if not more people, do more dangerous things in the cars, but people in SUV's get more blame because they will kill you because of it. Not everyone has your exceptional driving ability, and quite frankly Moore is right America does seem to rivel in their own fear. We are afraid of the economy collapsing, terriosts, SUV killing us all because they are MONSTERS!!!!

If your sister is living in such fear that she has to be in any SUV rather than drive more awarely, then she's the one that needs to stop breeding and get the fuck off of the roads. Some people can't deal with driving on the highway... so don't. One doesn't need an SUV as a grocery getter or to pick up the kids from soccer practice.

Why insult my sister? Do you know her? Did I say that she was living in fear? No, to every single question, because an SUV is safer if an 18 wheeler nails her from behind. It is safer if another car T-Bones her and 70 MPH. Ok, maybe she also wants it as a status symbol, but who cares. It is not safer than a Volvo if a 5 ton load hits you from behind. Even the SUV will have extreme damage, but a lot less than the Volvo. Also, if the SUV turns over it would be her fault more than likely, and she knows this. My sister isn't some dumb white trash bitch as you seem to be betraying her, and that she shouldn't be breeding. I encourage people to start buying SUV's, because then that way it will piss you off more.

This topic has gotten out of control. There will be no further discussion / argument.

Closed by a moderator.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back