Forged Pistons For Sohc Zc

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

goldwar

ok well i have a sohc zc that i want to turbo. this motor is burning oil pretty bad so i figure if i get new valve guides and piston rings that would solve that problem but my step father mentioned that the cylinder walls may be to warn to just put stock pistons in so i might have to bore it.I am also going to get forged rods and probably a block guard my question is when i get forged pistons am i going to have to bore it out to make new pistons fit or can i leave as is? And what pistons would be recommended for 13-15 psi boost conditions?

so i'm guessing that all the a6 pistons will work? and since i'm turboing it would u recommend a z6 head or would you keep it with the zc head. Also what would be a good turbo for a goal of 300whp. this is an all autocross car and do you have any other suggested parts for that goal

do you know who makes a d manifold for the gt28 because i cant find one and another i was wondering what you think about th t3/t4 turbos for this motor i have heard that they work well?

Go with vitara pistons for a 300 hp build because they are cheap and reliable for that low or a hp goal. Lots of people are getting 400 + out of them. Tuner toys makes good rods for the d series as well and if you want to make 300 hp out of a d16 I'd post the block to reinforce the cylinder walls. Non vtec head will work fine but the z6 I think would give you more top end and rpm range to work with. I like the t3/t4 myself and that is what I was going to get for my d16 when I was planning on building it up. Also make sure you use arp head studs if you want to make that kind of power. If you don't you will definitely float your head.

Good luck with the build.

I guess it all depends how much money you want to put down. If you want 9.5:1 and don't mind spending the extra cash on some nice forged pistons that's good too but the vitaras are good for the 300hp and forged are a little overkill for 300hp. Stockers definitely won't handle it. Ringlands are weak on the d's.

ok well what am i looking at for parts for 400hp because i thought that 300 would be a good goal but another 100 hp is always nice. what kind of block reinforcement would be good for both goals. another thing i wanted to know was how is a sohc zc head going to perform with a turbo set up and if there is and good cam upgrades for this turbo setup......Thanks

and what is the negative side to having lower compresstion (8.5) at only 250-300hp?

Well i really like autocross but i would like to smoke some little punks out at the weekend drags i can make this car just my track car but would perfer to make it steetable if at all possibe. i also want to consider going n/a because of the weight and was wondering what a reasonable hp goal for sohc zc N/A. And what do you think would be better for autocross a turbo or n/a.if you were wondering i have considered a swap but i am going for weight and i don't want to and any more to the front end

Back