Forget about Hunter S Thompson..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

Today commemorates the passing of a dear friend, confidente, and complete nutcase. A Nutcase who held a close place in my heart. I was raised with this beaming image on my television screen since I was a lad in 78.

Rest in Peace, Dr Gene Scott.

k0054.jpg

Thank you for yelling at me throughout the years. Remember that time you yelled into the camera to give you money for your corvette ? Well, You got your money. Not a lie between us, Sir Scott. You're a prince among thieves.

You will be missed.

-> Steve

In commemoration... I'm afraid that Amanda Tapping will have to leave us now... And make room for God's Messenger ..

Dr Gene Scott.

-> Steve

:withstupid:

Steve, what the fuck are you talking about? You're really starting to make me wonder about you, dude....

I MUST be showing my age. Come on people, some 30+ people.. some Midwesterners.. some Shortwave HAMS.. SOMEONE

Dr Gene Scott is one of the most surreal fucking people on television. 3:00 am or so, everynight
He's a televangelist and he's a HOOT to watch. He just sits in front of a camera, Silent, watching television. He demands money. Doesn't ask for it, he will say, flat out:

"You hellions will send me money, or you'll go to HELL!"

And he'll occasionally show video footage of his ranch, his 300+ horses, his car collection and his mansion. He'll pop back on again, television FULL of his face and say ... Without flinching...

"I own all this stuff. God wants me to own this. He doesn't want my car collection falling into the wrong hands. And By god's decree, I can't afford all of it. I need your money, and I think you'll send it in"

I've spent MANY nights, drunk as fuck, my head in a bucket and listening to him glare over my evil living room. I can't be the only one here.

-> Steve

:whocares:

RIP whatever your name is.

HST > *

Back