Formula D Drift April 16th

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
April 16th 2005
Formula D Drift will be held @:

Wall Speedway
1803 State Route 34
Wall, NJ 07719

Featuring:
Worlds Best Drifters
Formula D Drift Cahmpionship
Formula D Team Drift Competition
Formula D Car Show
Driver Autographs
Pits are open to the public
Formula D Umbrella Girls :ph34r:

Admission is $25

Drifters like Ken Gushi, Taka Aono, Hiro Sumida, Alex pfieffer and more will be there.

more info at www.formulad.com

The wife will be out of town, and I might go.... ;)

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Mar 29 2005, 01:05 PM
have fun and dont break the car! :p
[post=480279]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm not good enough to compete or to drive in the event..

But...I have been asked by DGtrials.com to have the Z in their ACT booth......So I guess I got to delay the CRX build a little more...and work on getting the Z in show quality status....as in...clean it up and wax it...hehe

If ACT likes the Z...maybe they might sponser it... :ph34r:

Damn dude i would love to go to that but i'm gonna be in PA on the yamaha that weekend. let me know when there's another one coming up.

thats the only date for formula d one the east coast they only have like 7 events all year

IF I can't get the hood cleaned up and shiny again...then I'm not going. I started wetsanding it, first 220, then 340, 400, 600, 800, and then 1000 grit wet sandpapper...and then heavy on the rubbing compound...well...it's not looking good, the paint is not liking the paper or the buffing...I had to be stupid, and hit the hood and the passenger's fender...and it looks like total crap now :angry:

one more day of buffing...and if it doesn't look as pretty as it did or better...then I'm giving up....on the FD trip, and I'll just prep the Z for the autocross sunday....and work all week-end again. and try to get the CRX project rolling...

if anyone wants to give a hand, I'll shoot for some pizza/wings/beer tommorrow (Wed 13th)...prolly from 11:00 am till 8:00 pm... :)

AIM me for my address @ Airj0ckey (0 in jock is Zero)

wetsanding with 220 grit and attepting to buff after is not a real good idea.....next time you want to wet sand something start with 1200 grit then go to 2000 then 3000 if u wish ( but not necessary). i think itll work much better for ya ;)

I found out the hard way...ohh well...I give up....FD is out for me...and the LimeRock event looks like it will be cancelled :(

yeah, i was gonna say... 220 is a block grit, not a wetsanding!! I START with 1200 at the LOWEST... thats only if there is alot of drippage... otherwise its 1600 and up.

Also, what kind of a buffer are you using? High Speed?

As alway's...something had to throw a pipe wrench in my way....

The Z was 2 days late to get ready for the show, they picked another car...and well...screw it if I'm driving that car down there to be parked in the parking lot left alone....I thought about driving the Jeep down there, then I can pick up and take more people to the show...but the the hanger got more aircraft and well...the work load is crazy here. So I got stuck working the week-end. I needed the money anyways to have more to buy things in Japan in a few weeks...so I'm not too butt hurt.

I'll spend tommorrow getting the Z prepped for some more sliding pratice at sundays autocross, and I might slap on some grippy tires to see if I can get a good timed run in as well...then it's coming home...and all the it will be the standby DD for a while. I should have enough money to buy a driveshaft for the Civic hatchback, and pop that in...and still wait for the damn title...and hope it comes next week sometime. Once the civic is on the road...then the CRX can come in for it's engine swap....

by the time I get the engine built and ready to drop in...it will be time for me to get on the plane.... :)

JDM trip>Watching other people drift...

Back